Machine Operator I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Responsible for finished product inspection, to include measuring thickness of CPVC pipe, sorting and packaging pipe. Insures that the finished product is ready for shipment to company warehouses. Reacts during power outages and downstream problems.
* Inspects plastic CPVC pipe meets required company and UL specifications.
* Inspects pipe for correct markings and date.
* Packages plastic pipe in correct amounts and labels as required.
* Closes lifts of plastic pipe using banding tools and nailing machine.
* Assists lead person during shut-down and start-up operations
* Reacts during power outages to restart extrusion machines
* Stencils, tags, stamps, or writes identifying information on packaged products. Records production.
* Insures that CPVC pipe does not collect on dump tables.
* Notifies supervisor or lead man if he must have pipeline area for any reason.
* Keeps work area clean and orderly.
* Adheres to all safety rules and requirements and reports any accidents or near accidents.
* Must be physically able to work of feet all day (12 hour shifts).
* Requires bending, lifting, and manual hand/eye coordination.
* Requires ability to read, write and perform simple mathematic operations.
* Must be able to be trained to read a micrometer.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job employee must be familiar with ISO procedures and will be required to sign a statement verifying this.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.