Machine Operator I - 1st Shift Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
Maple Grove, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY LOCATION: US-MN-Maple Grove
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions including heart, digestive, pulmonary, vascular, and urological, women's health, and chronic pain conditions. We are a leading innovator of medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets.
Primary focus is to build quality product by following processes to meet all production goals.
- Understands and adheres to safety policies and practices.
- Responsible for quality and adheres to manufacturing process requirements, the Boston Scientific Corporation Quality Policy and the Strategic Quality Process (SQP).
- Builds product by following all processes in which certified (in their most current revision), and completes other assigned work, while meeting manufacturing goals a8nd metrics.
- Gains basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing and related principles.
- Willing to flex and rotate as necessary and work well with all group members, both within the team and cross-functionally.
- Under the direction of other maintains accurate records such as Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Shop Floor Paperwork (SFP), training Records System (TRS), Product Data Management (PDM), Systems Application & Products (SAP) and Process Equipment Optimization (PEO).
- Moderate mechanical aptitude. Able to learn how to set-up equipment to meet process specifications.
- Under the direction of others interprets quality specifications via SPC; understands tight tolerance through the use of various measurement equipment.
- Assist and learn to take ownership and accountability to drive metrics by actively participating in Focused Factory cross-functional teams.
- Understands and follows all BSC and site specific policies and procedures.
- Responsible for attending and passing all core required BSC and site specific training (i.e. QS Basics, RTK, Lean Training, and Extrusion 101).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic functions of SAP.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic functions of MES.
- Able to perform basic extrusion trouble shooting methods.
- Learns to plan and prepare the equipment to meet the customer's requirements.
- Provide Continuous Improvement suggestions.
- 2 year technical degree preferred, high school degree or equivalent required
- 1-2 years extrusion experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient with basic computer programs
- Team Player Attributes
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: ERP, Equipment Operator, SAP, Industrial, Machinist, Technology, Manufacturing