Machine Operator III - AFFF - 2nd Shift 8/27/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
The AFFF Formulator reports to the B18/AFFF Supervisor. Formulates blends according to prescribed procedures. Assumes process responsibility for proper performance and maintenance of filling machines. Guides workflow process and directs others. Assists Material Control in expediting materials, and works with Quality to help maintain quality parameters of all chemicals. Keeps records and logs for production and quality purposes.
This position requires Associates placed in the position to successfully complete specific training. These training requirements can be located on the Marinette Operations Training Matrix.
Comply with the following health and safety duties as a condition of employment:
Comply with safety rules
Attend and Participate in Safety Training
Participate actively in the safety process
Report all accidents and injuries immediately
Submit suggestions to improve safety
Know their duties in case of emergency
Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
Comply with the following environmental duties as a condition of employment:
Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
Spill management and clean-up.
Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
Must be able to drive forklift, must be able to lift bags of material up to with moderate to heavy weighs. Must be able to work in some difficult working positions, such as, hooking up transfer lines to bulk trucks and railroad cars and inspection of tanks. Will be required to maintain batch records, quality records and in process blend sheets. Must be able to read/write legibly, simple math will also be required.
SPECIAL NOTE: Normal training period = 24 months
1. Guides and directs others in the work process.
2. Assists Material Control in expediting material through the department.
3. Directs the activities of a group of employees consisting of 6 or 7 people per shift working on specific projects.
4. Transfers chemical, some of which are acids, caustics and fungicides from storage tanks to blend tanks to make up blends according to prescribed formulations. Chemical container used may weigh 100 lbs. or more and have to be handled and emptied by hand with use of forklift, chain hoist/barrel dumper.
5. Samples blends and records results, most testing done with pH/Refractometer.
6. Troubleshoots filling machines and checks performance.
7. Loads formulated bulk product into tank cars and trucks, and coordinates shipping papers and trailers needed for shipments with Traffic Department to assure accuracy and on-time delivery. Will be required to work outside, during poor weather conditions.
8. Makes minor repairs to piping, pumps, valves, etc.
9. Maintains and controls temperatures on certain tanks.
10. Keeps current blending records. Calculates ratios and inventory records.
11. Must know operation of scales in production and filling operations.
12. Works closely with Quality Control Inspection/Fire School and Chemicals Lab to assure proper product consistencies/quality and chemical usage.
13. Under the direction of the Supervisor, coordinates workload/vacation scheduling to assure production and product deliveries are met.
14. Must be able to drive forklift, must be able to train others on the safe use of forklifts.
15. Must be aware and responsible for abiding with Government contract specifications whenever Government work is performed.
16. Must use judgment and knowledge when receiving and storing incoming raw materials.
17. Assure safety equipment and policies are abided by.
18. Assure forklift hour meter readings are reported once per week to maintenance and preventative maintenance (oil, air filter, etc.) are performed daily.
19. Performs housekeeping and other related duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.