Machine Operator-Third Shift (Valpak)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is looking for an entry-level Machine Operator to join their team. Machine Operators in the Collation Department are responsible for operating machines that create the Valpak direct mail envelope. The operators load paper products into rotary feeders and spool unwInders, manage ink jetting processes, monitor computer operating systems and operate mail trying equipment and computers.
This role will provide support to the Collation team by operating equipment effectively and producing a quality product with minimal machine downtime. Additionally, this role will follow established procedures with guidance from the Senior Operators. Collation Systems includes the feeding, trimming and slitting of coupon/flyer signatures, the loading and feeding of supplied materials, enveloping, ink jetting, and mail traying.
WHY A CAREER WITH VALPAK?
* WORK FOR AWARD-WINNING BRANDS. Our brands are among the best in the industry, often ranking number one in their market.
* BE YOURSELF. MAKE US BETTER. Innovation thrives in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage everyone to contribute their best ideas.
* OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR MOST VALUABLE RESOURCE. Through career development, ongoing and on-the-job training and a commitment to hiring from within, our employees help define their own career paths.
* WE ARE COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. We are actively involved in community service or contributes financially to local nonprofit organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Operates Collation equipment in a team environment, at maximum efficiency level following process specifications.
* Minimizes machine downtime by troubleshooting and adjusting various mechanical and software components of the collator using technical manuals, hand tools and training. Gains knowledge of the process and elevates non-routine system issues to the Senior Process Technician.
* Provides verbal and written communication to Senior Process Technician with regard to equipment, processes, maintenance, staff or other operational issues with the cell that may impact delivery of the finished envelopes.
* Demonstrates behavior that sets the example within the cell in regards to quality, continuous process improvement, safety, and housekeeping. Encourages collaboration within the group that creates ownership and pride in the delivery of error free first pass quality and minimal re-work/waste.
* Performs routine preventative maintenance on the collator and collator sub-systems.
* Participates in training in conjunction with the VMC \\"Progression\\" program to improve knowledge and skill related to the Process Technician position. Follows a planned program of continuous learning to complete all mandatory skill blocks. Maintains current skills required for the position, and may pursue additional learning through optional and/or limited skill blocks.
* Accomplishes duties using safe work practices and equipment while being responsible for reporting all injuries or observed unsafe practices. Coaches fellow employees on safe work practices as appropriate and contributes to the overall success of the company s safety program.
* Performs related work and additional duties as needed or required.
Twelve to twenty-four months' experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Work in a team environment
* Diagnose routine mechanical issues and make minor equipment repairs
* Problem solving ability
* Basic to intermediate math computation
* Basic computer and office application skills
* Ability to effectively coach and train others
* Ability to lift/move up to 40#
* Ability to distinguish a full range of color
* Ability to stand/ walk for long periods and climb and cross a short ladder multiple times
* Work in a noisy area using hearing protection
Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is owned and operated by Cox Target Media, Inc., a subsidiary of Cox Media Group. Cox Target Media helps companies of all sizes connect with consumers to drive business results through its Valpak and Savings.com businesses.
With innovative & complementary digital advertising products, more than 170 franchisees provide Valpak's proven direct marketing products to over 65,000 businesses in North America. Valpak mails more than 20 billion coupons reaching over 45 million select households every month in over 100 markets. In all, nearly 500 million blue envelopes will mail annually. And we connect with millions of consumers every day through valpak.com and mobile apps.
Valpak offers and provides a competitive pay and benefits package including health and dental, paid time off, and 401(k) matching. We re hiring individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Valpak is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Veterans/Women/Disabled.
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-FL-St. Petersburg-1 Valpak Ave N
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Shift:Night Job-11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.