Machine Operator 1 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Founded in 1980, Seattle-based Precor is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation (www.amersports.com), the world's largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Arc Teryx.
For more than 30 years, Precor has been inspiring people to live a life in motion. Precor s world headquarters is located in Woodinville, WA with additional domestic operations in Whitsett, North Carolina.
Precor is the #1 supplier of fitness equipment to many of the world s biggest fitness chains, including 24 Hour Fitness, Gold s Gym, Anytime Fitness, and YMCA. Precor is also a preferred fitness equipment supplier to Hilton Hotels worldwide.
With a mission to be the standard of excellence in the fitness industry, Precor manufactures and sells high-end fitness equipment for the home and commercial environment.
* Cardio Equipment (e.g. Ellipticals (EFX), Treadmills, Adaptive Motion Trainers (AMT), Bikes)
* Strength Training Systems
* Fitness Entertainment Products (e.g. Personal Viewing Screens (PVS), Audio Transmitters/Receivers)
Why You Should Join the Precor Team
* Dynamic, forward thinking company leading the industry in product innovation
* Rewards and recognition for superior performance
* Collaborative environment fostering teamwork and accountability
* Opportunity to work for a company that positively impacts people s lives
* Exceptional benefits program including profit sharing, generous 401(k) match, and free on-site gym access
* Superior employee discounts on Precor and other Amer Sports Corporation brand products
POSITION SUMMARY and scope
The Machine Operator 1 is responsible for operating both manual and CNC machines. They will follow work instructions to optimize safety, production, and quality. Position may include running automatic presses, sanding, deburring and small component assemblies. Mandatory overtime could be required based on production needs. This position will report directly to the Machine Shop lead and supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential Job Function
80 Machine Operation
* * Performs operations on assigned machines.
* * Operates drill presses and other machines.
* * May perform simple or routine setups, but complex setups, fixtures and tooling are performed by others.
* * Notifies machine set-up/adjuster if more complex tool or machine adjustments are required.
* * May operate computer console.
* * Uses simple measurement instruments to check work.
* * Performs various operations using both manual and hydraulic presses.
* * Uses various deburring tools, i.e. grinders, hand drills, belt sanders to complete parts to print.
* Verifies conformance of machined product to specifications, using proper measuring tools.
10 Material Handling
* * Operates material handling equipment including ergonomic lifting devices, mechanical hoists, air lifts, pallet jacks, utility carts, and hand trucks.
* Loads/unloads stock material from bins and carts.
5 Area Maintenance
* * Keeps area neat and in order.
* * Inspects, cleans, and maintains machines, tools, parts, stock, equipment and work area (uses petroleum products and general cleaners, i.e., mineral oil, simple green, hydraulic fluid).
* * Reports damage, wear, tear and other potential defects.
* * Keeps area stocked with supplies.
* Follows all safety rules, policies and safe work practices.
* * Individual is responsible for understanding Precor Safety Policy guidelines.
* * Complies with department safety standards in practicing safe work habits on the job.
* * Actively participates in and attends weekly safety meetings.
* Uses with respect all safety guards and devices on all Machine Shop equipment.
Performs other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Work in a fast-paced environment and keep up with time-sensitive operations * Work effectively under pressure or deadlines. * Work effectively in an team environment * Act in a courteous and professional manner at all times
Comply with Precor Attendance Policy.
* Customer Focus solicits and uses feedback for continuous improvement. Strives for quality and excellence. * Accountability takes a no excuses approach to making things happen. Takes responsibility for own actions and results. * Teamwork Activelyassists to move the team toward the completion of goals * Communication Skills Effectively expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form. * Collaboration - Establishes collaborative relationships to achieve objectives
Work is performed indoors in a heated modern factory space. Ambient working temperature may range from 55 F 90 F, depending on season. Work area is clean and free from wet, slippery conditions.
Employee required to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection and gloves.
Potential hazards may include working with moving parts (machines guarded per OSHA rules), nip points, material handling, sharp edges on stock, flying particles, lifting, repetitive motions (upper extremities), and moderate noise exposure (70-85 db, hearing protection provided).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. During a 10-hour shift, the employee is required to:
* 1. Talk or hear
* 2. See (close, distance or adjust focus)
* 3. Sit
* 4. Stand
* 5. Walk
* 6. Kneel or Crawl
* 7. Stoop or Squat
* 8. Bend
* 9. Twist
* 10. Simple finger grasping
* 11. Use of hands (finger, handle or feel)
* 12. Use of feet (foot pedals)
* 13. Lifting floor to waist*
* 14. Lifting waist to shoulder*
* 15. Lifting shoulder to overhead*
* 16. Reaching above shoulder
* 17. Reaching at or below shoulder
* 18. Pushing & pulling (wheeled carts & bins)
* 19. Climb or balance
Frequency of activity is based on 40-hour/week shift.
*Precor enforces a 40 lb. lifting/carrying limit.
DISCLAIMER: The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Precor is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants