Machine Shop Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
North Tonawanda, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Superior Group is looking for a 2nd/3rd shift Machine Shop Supervisor for a company in North Tonawanda, NY. This position will provide a wide range of supervisory and technical support for the machine shop, assembly and pump testing departments to include but not limited to the following:
- Manage, supervise, and direct shop personnel in day to day activities relating to productivity, attendance, quality, and overall attitude.
- Instruct and train employees on both manual and CNC machines as necessary.
- Instruct and train employees concerning pump assembly and performance testing.
- Maintain productivity – determine cause of issues/problems, assist, motivate employees when necessary to meet productivity requirements.
- Trouble-shoot/resolve machining, assembly, pump testing and processing problems as necessary.
- Assist with CNC programming when necessary, including optimization of existing programs.
- Maintain a safe work environment – perform accident investigations when necessary.
- Assist with development of and implementation of productivity and cost reduction projects.
- Assist with Identification, selection, justification, and installation of capital equipment as required.
- Define tool selection and fixture design on manual and CNC machines
- Define and affect assembly, testing and manufacturing processes including set-up and run times (create routings and set up instructions) for machine shop, assembly, pump testing, weld, and other miscellaneous processes. Including selection/use of mandatory procedures, processes, etc. to meet customer, industry and military specifications.
- Perform other similar or related duties necessary to accomplish department and company objectives.
Four year technical degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering Technology or equivalent
7years’ experience which includes a machine shop background and CNC programming experience.
5 years’ experience with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and Database.
1 year experience in a Union Shop environment
1 year experience working with an MRP based production system
Go Beyond. www.superiorjobs.com.
EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.