Machinery Maintenance Mechanic Marfa, TX
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMachinery Maintenance Mechanic (Marfa, TX)Job ID:
Machinery Maintenance Mechanic REQ ID:
Yuma, AZ. Job Description:
Harris Corporation currently has an opening for a Machinery Maintenance Mechanice to join their team in Yuma, AZ. The individual will apply advanced technical knowledge and experience to the overall aerostat system operations and maintenance that may not be accomplished solely by reference to manufacturer's manuals or similar TARS O&M documentation.* Repairs machinery or mechanical equipment.
* Examines machines and mechanical equipment to diagnose source of trouble, dismantling or partly dismantling machines and performing repairs that mainly involve the use of hand tools in scraping and fitting replacements part by a machine shop or sending the machine to a machine shop for major repairs.* Performs operation and maintenance of enclosed mooring system, support equipment, and vehicles.
* Works on elevated platform.
* Directs and performs aerostat system preflight and post-flight checks and aerostat system inspections as required.
* Directs and performs operations and maintenance of aerostat pressurization including corrective and preventive maintenance of secondary support equipment.
* Coordinates all resupply and repair logistics activities for aerostat and mechanical subsystems.
* Trains and certifies other personnel in selected aerostat system procedures and on the proper operation of all support equipment and special purpose vehicles (e.g., 60-150 foot Man Lift, self-propelled aerial platforms).
* Performs additional duties such as; Quality Control, Vehicle Maintenance Officer (VMO) or as required.
* Functions as a key member of the flight crew, during launch and recovery operation for inflation, deflation, launch, recovery, and in-flight activities.
* Uses schematics, comprehensive mechanical tool kits.
* Lifts equipment and items of up to 25 lbs unassisted.
* Obtains required certifications as a winch operator for Fixed Mooring System, or remote operator for a Winch Truck System within 3 months of hire.* Operates equipment and vehicle according to state and federal regulations, including valid U.S. Driver's license requirments. Qualifications:* High school degree and 5+ years mechanical maintenance experience. Desired Qualifications:* Certified mechanic preferred
* Able to use Microsoft Office Professional Suite (Excel, Word, PPT) Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Mechanical Education High School (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - AZ - Yuma .