Machinist I - Gear Hob and Shaper Machine Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONBRIEF DESCRIPTION
Setup, adjust manual machines to perform close tolerance gear cutting/shaping operations.
* Study blueprints, department routings, Control Plan Traveler, layouts or charts, for information on specifications and tooling instructions, and to determine material requirements and operational sequences
* Setup and use inspection equipment
* Verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications using a variety of precision measuring instruments such as micrometer, calipers, gages, CMM checks and gear checking equipment
* Ability to set up and operate manual equipment and CNC Hobs in a safe and effective way
* Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
* Support lean (RBS) and 5S standards by being proactive on process improvements
* High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
* Two to three years related experience/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience is a plus but not required.
* Machine Tool degree desired
CAPABILITIES AND SUCCESS FACTORS
* Excellent analytical skills
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
* Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
* Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
* Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety
* Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
* Competitive Salary
* Matching 401(k) contribution
* Discretionary Personal Retirement Account
* Medical Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Short-Term Disability Insurance
* Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
* Educational Reimbursement
* Matching Gift Program
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: FEMALE/SEXUAL ORIENTATION/GENDER IDENTITY/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABLED