LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY IN THE NUCLEAR INDUSTRY? 'ENERGIZE' YOUR FUTURE WITH AREVA!
AREVA supplies solutions for power generation with less carbon. Its expertise and unwavering insistence on safety, security, transparency and ethics are setting the standard, and its responsible development is anchored in a process of continuous improvement.
Ranked first in the global nuclear power industry, AREVA's unique integrated offering to utilities covers every stage of the fuel cycle, nuclear reactor design and construction, and related services. The group is also expanding in renewable energies - wind, solar, bioenergies, hydrogen and storage - to be one of the top three in this sector worldwide in 2012.
With these two major offers, AREVA's 48,000 employees are helping to supply ever safer, cleaner and more economical energy to the greatest number of people.
AREVA provides its customers with solutions for low-carbon power generation in North America and all over the world. As the leader in nuclear energy and a significant, growing player in the renewable energies sector, AREVA combines U.S. and Canadian leadership, access to worldwide expertise and a proven track record of performance. Sustainable development is a core component of AREVA's strategy. Its more than 5,000 U.S. and Canadian employees work every day to make AREVA a responsible industrial player helping to supply ever cleaner, safer and more economical energy to the greatest number of people. AREVA Inc. is headquartered in Bethesda, MD. Visit us at http://us.areva.com or follow us at Twitter.
The AREVA Front End Business Group:
The Front End Business Group combines activities associated with the conversion and enrichment of uranium and with the design and fuel production for nuclear reactors. The production capacities of the Group, one of the world's leaders in the sector, are undergoing modernization.
AREVA is seeking a Machinist for our Machine Shop in Richland, WA.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Performs all duties of this & lower machinist classification under general supervision and guidance.
- Performs milling operation using indexing and 90 degree head.
- Interprets CNC program manuscript/setup data & prepares CNC's for production operation, as required.
- Interprets drawings/specifications to understand component dimensional requirements & production sequence.
- Obtains initial and periodic independent over check inspections of machining steps performed.
- Operates CNC's per established guidelines as required to produce quality components at productive rates.
- Produces conventional machined milled/turned parts & tooling to accurate tolerances utilizing good shop practices.
- Routinely checks/gages own work and make adjustments within allowable limits to maintain specified tolerances.
- Immediately stops production and notifies supervision if out of tolerance conditions occur.
- Replaces dull/defective tools per supervisor's directives, accounts for and notifies supervisor of supplies needed.
- Performs routine chip removal, machine lubrication, coolant additions/clean-outs.
- Assists in routine maintenance of machines/equipment.
- Complies with all plant work rules, regulations and specific instructions, maintains required records, logs & documentation.
- Maintains a clean orderly and safe work area.
- Suggests improvement in work methods and procedures.
- Performs other tasks, as assigned by supervisor such as assisting lower classification machinists in setups, operations & inspection methods when requested by supervisor.
- Properly handles hazardous materials.
- Inspects work of other Machinists as directed by supervisor.
- During lull periods of production, may be directed by management to support other business units and may include travel to nuclear sites.
- To play an active role in creating a safe and healthy workplace and comply with all safety and health rules
- Sets up equipment, selects proper tooling, machine feeds and speeds, and carries out the sequence of operations.
- Performs handwork on components such as deburring or polishing.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
High school diploma or its equivalent with at least 2-4 years of experience in the field or a related area.
Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures.
Demonstrated ability to read & understand basic drawings, oral & written instructions, and setup instruction.
CNC program manuscripts are required.
Demonstrated ability to properly plan , perform,calculations, layout and selected efficient cutting parameters for conventional machining of components/tooling.
Demonstrated ability to use /interpret advanced shop inspection tools and manually record/computer input associated data.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Two year machine technology certificate preferred.
- Basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Basic computer skills including data basing, spreadsheets, word processing, etc.
- Ability to read drawings and understand tolerances.
- Be familiar with the company's safety and health policy and program.
Seasonal domestic travel.
We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. AREVA recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee.
Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Join AREVA today, revolutionize the energy industry and energize your future!