This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sets up and operates a variety of 5-axis gantry machines to make composite parts. Interprets blueprints, sketches and engineering specifications; determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required and method of setup. Uses a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments. Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds and speeds. Measures, marks and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Typically requires completion of a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
* Full knowledge of the job. Substantial acquaintance with, and understanding of, general aspects of the job with a broad understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
* General supervision and instructions given for routine work and detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments.
* Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and occasionally with contacts outside own organization. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
* Use of ERP/MRP software. Work from written work orders, verbal instructions or blueprints, keeping all signoffs and inspection buyoffs current. Maintain a clean work area daily. Use of Forklifts and/or Pallet Jacks to move materials, tooling and load the machining centers. Set up fixtures on machine and dial in tooling balls. Must be able to select, set and load the correct cutting tools into the tool magazine. Dry run programs prior to production, look for errors and work with Machine Shop Lead to fix errors. Edits programs, regulate machine speeds, feeds, coolant, depth, etc. Runs production jobs on all machining centers. Must have good knowledge of Fanuc and Siemens controllers. Use Surf Cam software to draw and create medium level tool paths. Use of drill presses, lathes, grinders, sanders, etc.
Preferred Additional Skills:
* Ability to read and understand product drawings
* Ability to use measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, gage pins, etc.
* Knowledge of machining concepts and terminology
* Ability to read and follow technical instructions
* Ability to properly maintain and operate machining centers
* Attentiveness to detail and quality
* High school diploma or GED equivalent.
* Must be proficient using a PC and related software
* Must be able to use and read scales, calipers, micrometers, etc.
* 5 years of CNC experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled