Magnet Program Director
The Magnet Program Director will provide leadership and direction for the coordination
of the Magnet application, documents, designation and redesignation. He/she works
with nursing leadership to integrate Magnet standards into the nursing and
organizational infrastructure. The Magnet Program Director will:
* Facilitates shared governance/shared decision making within nursing services and consults on professional practice activities across the organization.
* Participates in the development and implementation of the nursing care delivery model and clinical practice activities toward advancing nursing services toward National recognition for quality outcomes, RN and patient satisfaction.
* Supports professional nursing practice and patient care delivery
* Assists in analysis and interpretation of the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI) for patient outcomes and nurse satisfaction and fostering of interdisciplinary, collaborative relationships within nursing services.
* Works collaboratively with the Clinical Managers, Clinical Practice Managers, Physicians, Human Resources, and Department Directors to drive appropriate changes related to the Magnet standards and sources of evidence. The Program Director works with physicians in order to support a collegial and interdisciplinary patient care environment. The Program Director will be responsible for facilitating and managing patient care services division special projects as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required. Master's preferred.
* Previous experience facilitating organizational Magnet status
* At least four years of clinical experience in an acute care setting.