This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
JOB TITLE: MAIL CLERK/COURIER
JOB PURPOSE: The Mail Clerk sorts internal mail and delivers it to the destination, often using a cart to carry the mail between offices. The Data Entry Clerk provides data entry support to the contract. The Courier provides courier services to support the FOSS contract.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (DAY TO DAY FUNCTIONS)
- Mail Clerks handle external mail, serving as the link between the U.S. Postal Service and individual offices and workers.
- Mail Clerks sort and date/time stamp incoming mail and deliver mail within large office buildings.
- They also prepare outgoing mail for delivery to the post office.
- To facilitate delivery of outgoing mail, mail clerks often determine if the mail is to be sent registered, certified, special delivery, or first, second, third, or fourth class, and may group mailings by ZIP code.
- When necessary, they contact delivery services to send important letters or parcels.
- Mail clerks operate machines that collate, fold, and insert material into envelopes for mailing.
- They also operate machines that affix postage and mailing labels and track the amount of money expended on postage.
- In addition, mail clerks use computers to keep records of incoming or outgoing items.
- The Mail Clerk may be cross trained to perform as a File Clerk, General Office Worker, and/or FDNS Clerk.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (DAY TO DAY FUNCTIONS):
- Will be responsible for the pickup and delivery of U.S. Government mail including regular, bulk, classified, pouch, and guard mail.
- Drives light trucks, vans, or other type government vehicles to deliver messages, documents, packages, and mail to various Government agencies and business concerns.
- Operate government vehicle according to applicable motor vehicle regulations, traffic laws, company policy and safety guidelines, standard operating procedures, auto insurance guidelines, and vehicle check and accident/damage notification requirements.
- He or she may transport office personnel and visitors, and perform miscellaneous errands such as carrying mail to and from the post office and sorting or opening incoming and outgoing mail.
- The Courier obtains receipts for articles delivered and keeps a log of items received and delivered.
- The Courier may deliver items to offices and departments within an establishment.
- At the direction of the mailroom supervisor, proceeds to the location(s) as instructed to pick up or deliver bulk or other materials.
- Ensures that materials are delivered to location designated by instructions and follows all additional written instructions associated with the delivery of the materials.
- Obtains signatures and date/time information as required for a proper receipt.
- Prepares a daily log with appropriate receipts.
- Coordinates and prioritizes all work requests.
- Ensures necessary follow-up steps are used to institute an effective quality control procedure for assigned work.
- Must be familiar with automated mail equipment, USPS rules, and regulations, and UPS and Federal Express procedures; knowledgeable in packing requirements and Government mail regulations.
- Must have strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Will likely be assigned more than one job title such as Mail Clerk, File Clerk, Data Entry Clerk or General Office Worker and will record time based upon hours actually worked.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* U.S. Citizenship
* Should have at least one year s work experience preferably in an administrative or customer service field. Must qualify for a USCIS security clearance. The MC/DEC must be computer literate, be able to enter data at a reasonable rate, express or exchange ideas by the spoken word, and sit or stand for long periods of time. Must qualify for a USCIS security clearance and a DSS Secret Clearance.
* Computer skills required: MS Office, data entry skills
* Courier must possess 1-3 years of driving and/or messenger experience with a good driving record, which is defined, at a minimum, of: not having a DUI, Reckless Driving, Speeding over 30 miles per hour, or multiple driving violations that suspends their license. This must be certified by the individual as part of the employment application and every six months of employment.
* Ability to drive a mid to full sized passenger or cargo van
* The Courier must be computer literate, be able to enter data at a reasonable rate, express or exchange ideas by the spoken word, and sit or stand for long periods of time. Must qualify for and maintain a USCIS security clearance and a DSS Secret Clearance.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
* Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company s goals
* Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
* Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
* Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes when necessary
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal
* Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The MC/COU must also be able to conduct repetitive body movements, push, pull, reach, stoop and/or bend and lift up to 45 pounds repetitively at timesand use equipment such as dollies and carts.
This position is performed in a traditional office environment.
FCi Federal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation or gender, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing.