Mail List Analyst (Valpak)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescription Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is looking for Data Processing/Presort Analyst to join their team. This role provides consultative marketing services to internal and external customers on requirements for Valpak and Solo Values lists and mailings. Represents the Data Services department at internal or external meetings when necessary.
WHY A CAREER WITH VALPAK?
* WORK FOR AWARD-WINNING BRANDS. Our brands are among the best in the industry, often ranking number one in their market.
* BE YOURSELF. MAKE US BETTER. Innovation thrives in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage everyone to contribute their best ideas.
* OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR MOST VALUABLE RESOURCE. Through career development, ongoing and on-the-job training and a commitment to hiring from within, our employees help define their own career paths.
* WE ARE COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. We are actively involved in community service or contributes financially to local nonprofit organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Facilitates requests for consumer and business list counts using online tools from various vendors and provides consultative services on list options, postal and mailing requirements. Orders data as directed by internal and external customers.
* Tracks incoming US and Canadian Valpak data, through a Delivery Logistics system, to meet processing and mail date deadlines. Works with the franchise network and production to ensure data is received on time and downloaded properly. Identifies and troubleshoots any data errors that occur.
* Maintains the Valpak Suppression database. Communicates with consumers who wish to be added to or removed from the mailing list and corresponds with the franchise network regarding those consumers. Encodes and dedupes the suppression file and sends to each Valpak Preferred List Vendor monthly.
* Processes high volumes of data using sophisticated postal processing software, MS Access and MS Excel. Tasks include file conversion, list segmentation, importing, address standardization, Presort, data append, merge purge, offset matching and transportation analyses in order to obtain the best data quality and postal discounts.
* Develops, implements and maintains effective quality control procedures to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of address data.
* Performs database management functions as related to specific job deliverables.
* Collaborates with and provides support and interpretation for GIS, Research, Postal Affairs and National Sales Support regarding Solo lists, file conversion, data management, etc.
* Provides training and support to new Valpak franchise owners on all products and services that the List Data Services department provides. Serves as liaison between List Data Services, ITSS, the franchise network and vendors regarding data formats, list order issues, job priority, special projects and efficient utilization of the Delivery Logistics system.
* Maintains vendor relationships - including, but not limited to, list and print vendors and the USPS - and stays up to date on their products and services in order to be of service to the franchise network.
* Downloads information from the job tracking system to capture all information for accurate reporting and monthly billing. Verifies cost of payables, obtains proper leadership approvals and sends to the Accounting department for payment.
* Evaluates, downloads, tests and implements all BCC Software program, directory and table updates and communicates all changes affecting daily productivity.
* Develops, updates and maintains all departmental procedures documentation and trains departmental personnel as needed.
* Assists leadership with special projects as directed and completes them in a timely, thorough and accurate manner. Performs all other duties as assigned or directed.
Minimum 2 years of experience working Microsoft Access, Excel and database applications required. Knowledge of USPS mailing regulations and experience working with postal presort software such as BCC, First Logic or Group One strongly preferred.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Strong problem solving skills
* Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
* Ability to work independently and make independent judgment
* Analytical ability
* Excellent communication skills
* Customer Service skills
* Presentation skills
* Ability to work with multiple priorities and close deadlines
* Ability to interface with all levels of personnel
* Knowledge of PC, spreadsheet and database applications
* Working knowledge of MS Word and Outlook
* Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Access (test administered)
* Occasional overtime
Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is owned and operated by Cox Target Media, Inc., a subsidiary of Cox Media Group. Cox Target Media helps companies of all sizes connect with consumers to drive business results through its Valpak and Savings.com businesses.
With innovative & complementary digital advertising products, more than 170 franchisees provide Valpak's proven direct marketing products to over 65,000 businesses in North America. Valpak mails more than 20 billion coupons reaching over 45 million select households every month in over 100 markets. In all, nearly 500 million blue envelopes will mail annually. And we connect with millions of consumers every day through valpak.com and mobile apps.
Valpak offers and provides a competitive pay and benefits package including health and dental, paid time off, and 401(k) matching. We re hiring individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Valpak is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Veterans/Women/Disabled.
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-FL-St. Petersburg-805 Executive Center Dr W
Job Level:Individual Contributor