Mail Services Coordinator
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
An immediate opportunity is available for a Mail Services Coordinator to support WNET’s mail room operations.
The Mail Services Coordinator receives, sorts and delivers mail, interoffice correspondence and related materials. In addition, the Coordinator will process outgoing mail by weighing parcels, applying postage, and preparing bags for pick up. Additional responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Receives mail and express packages and sorts into bundles;
• Delivers mail, interoffice correspondence, facsimile transmittals, UPS and Fedex packages, and the like to departments and offices following established time schedule;
• Picks up outgoing mail and interoffice correspondence and delivers to appropriate areas;
• Processes outgoing mail by weighing items, applying correct postage via postage meter, and ensuring outgoing mail meets USPS requirements;
• Operates mail room equipment, such as postage meter and scale;
Qualified candidates will have a HS Diploma or equivalent work experience, analytical skills to read and understand instructions and the ability to add and subtract numbers. Strong organizational skills the ability to work with a broad range of people, from staff members to volunteers. Candidates will need to be able to frequently lift/move boxes, files, papers with a weight of up to 50 lbs and have the ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. Candidates with previous experience working in an office are preferred.
Apply online at: www.wnet.org/careers
WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019-7435
Qualified candidates only; no phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WNET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.