Mainframe Support Specialist (Entry Level)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Winston Salem, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnisys is recruiting an upcoming graduate to be an expert on our ClearPath mainframes for a key client in the financial industry. This position will spend two months onsite with Unisys being trained on our products before working permanently at our client's Winston-Salem, NC location.
*This is for a June 2017 start date*
As part of the team that maintains maximum performance and reliability of the mainframe environment, this Mainframe Support Specialist will support current - and implement new - mainframe and related software/hardware.
* Performs highly technical software programming related to both systems software and applications software projects. Software projects encompass the complete software life cycle from design through implementation
* Installs and configures mainframes and attached mainframe devices for network connectivity to all necessary internal and external remote hosts.
* Installs and configures SAN, both disk and switches, for necessary connectivity to mainframe systems.
* Coordinates activities with other departments within the information systems division, users and vendors of system software.
* Serves as an internal consultant to systems development staff for information on components of the operating system including file management routines, system performance analysis and software enhancements.
* Develops utility software to perform systems or applications related special functions.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Mathematics, or a combination of equivalent education and experience in Systems Programming and Integration. (Graduation dates between June 2016 and June 2017)
* Knowledge and ability to effectively program utilizing ALGOL, COBOL or other equivalent high-level mainframe computer programming languages.
* Knowledge of systems programming areas such as table and bit manipulation, messaging, queuing, database organization and disk I/O.
* Ability to communicate effectively, work with a team, accept direction, complete projects on time, and work outside normal business hours if needed.
* Desire to learn Mainframe and database programming
* C++, Java experience
In addition to challenging projects that effect America's banking system, our client offers competitive salaries and benefits, including a 401(k) plan.
This organization is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://unisys.contacthr.com/50744782.jpg /