Mainframe Systems Programmer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
Reporting to the Manager of IT Datacenter Operations, we are looking for a senior-level Mainframe Systems Programmer in the Systems Engineering group. The Systems Programmer will be responsible for configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Micro Focus' Mainframe. The successful candidate will also work with our software Developers and QA team to support the applications running in the IBM Mainframe environment.
* Provide day-to-day system administration support for Micro Focus' IBM z13s E03 Mainframe, IBM DS8884 Storage, and backup environment
* Configure, test, implement and manage new deployments of Operating Systems and Software on the Mainframe; test and evaluate hardware as needed
* Maintain detailed and accurate on-line system documentation of all policies, procedures, configuration, and infrastructure (such as \\"Original Build & Configuration\\" documents for each application and server deployed)
* Establish and monitor user accounts; enforce established system and security policies, ensure data is only accessed by authorized personnel.
* Establish and maintain a data backup framework that complies with the data retention requirements.
* Conduct annual backup tests to ensure tape integrity and are usable during a contingency of operations or disaster.
* Work closely with the Software Development organization to provide technical support as well as consulting and guidance
* Monitor mainframe for performance and maintain system environment according to industry \\"best practices\\"
* Install system upgrades, 3rd party vendor products, perform routine server maintenance, perform hardware/software diagnostics and maintain server software versions
Required Experience and Skills:
* A minimum of five (5) years progressive experience in administering IBM z/OS environments and applications.
* Proven ability to recommend and install hardware & software solutions in support of the z/OS operating system.
* Proficiency in system debugging & analysis and hands-on experience with z/OS system upgrades
* Solid background with installing & maintaining mainframe community of products
* Knowledge and participation in Disaster Recovery exercises
Advanced knowledge and 5 or more years' solid experience in the following areas:
* IBM z/OS System Programming
* LPAR Linux support and administration
* TSO, DB2, CICS, IMS, z/VM, and WebSphere MQ experience
* IBM Mainframe and storage hardware
* Corporate computing environment experience with 500 or more end users
* IBM Mainframe Backup and Restore procedures
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or a combination of education and experience.
The Attachmate Group Companies is an equal employment opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws in providing our employees and applicants with equal opportunity. Our decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are non-discriminatory. They are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, and citizenship, the presence of a physical, mental or sensory disability, marital status or any other status protected by law.