Maint Shift Tech
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
North American Pipe Corporation
Wichita Falls, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION DESCRIPTION
In the U.S., our polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin is utilized by Westlake companies North American Pipe Corporation (NAPCO) and Westech Building Products. North American Pipe manufactures and sells pipe and fittings and Westech Building Products fabricates and sells products for residential and commercial construction. These products are used in projects ranging from water and sewer systems to home and commercial applications for fence, deck rail, window and door systems.
Maint Shift Tech Location TX, Wichita Falls
Requisition Number 1672
# of openings 1
Reports To: Supervisor, Maintenance
Performs facility Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) work on all manufacturing equipment. Duties include installation, programming, troubleshooting, and repair of PLC's. Proactively maintains all plant electrical systems, all equipment electronics, motors, drives and other power transmission systems. This position also has the responsibility to perform any and all mechanical and electrical tasks as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description.
* Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
* Possess the skill and ability to the top Maintenance position in the plant and perform all mechanical and electrical duties required.
* Write advanced A/B PLC logic program.
* Troubleshoot and repair PLC circuits.
* Design and assemble control circuits and cabinets with user interface.
* Analyze current machinery for PLC automation implementation.
* Troubleshoot/program/specify motor drives.
* Maintain/service plant switchgear.
* Maintains a running log on barrel and screw inventory, changes, history and throughput.
* Perform all manufacturing plant electrical and electronic diagnostics repair and installation, consistent with plant electricians.
* Ability to determine when scope of job is beyond existing skill set or requires additional support.
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree in Electronics or equivalent training (i.e. Fundamentals of PLC's, Programming Controllers, Troubleshooting and Repair of PLC's) with three (3) plus years of practical electronics experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Westlake Chemical is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability