Maintenance & Construction Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAn M/C Tech coordinates construction and maintenance projects in our plants and gathering systems. They are actively involved in the planning, execution, and inspections of the various maintenance projects needed on the plant and field systems.
Coordinates maintenance projects and misc. system maintenance projects (line repairs, line isolations, installation of launchers/receivers, relief valves, closure valve maintenance, plant maintenance, etc.). Typically oversees at least one crew if not multiple crews on various jobs.
* Organizes and plans out job(s). As part of planning process, determines materials and equipment necessary for job and arrange for procurement of the materials and equipment in a cost-effective manner.
* Performs maintenance work (equipment operator, etc. ) at job site and also provides work direction to other company personnel and contract personnel at job site , particularly in respect to safety procedures and work to be done that day.
* Inspects the work of company and contract personnel to ensure compliance with company standards, government regulations, etc.
* Maintains work order status log summaries/database and provides equipment/pipeline repair histories.
* Performs various administrative duties (i.e. review of field work tickets and invoices for accuracy and to ensure justification; collection/verification of time reports to verify contractor charges; completion of property damage reports, pipeline repair reports, etc.).
* Communicates and interacts with co-workers, producers, property owners, tenants, manufacturers representatives and suppliers as well as other employees and members of the public in a professional manner.
High School degree or equivalent is required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS/ ( KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
* Must possess a valid drivers license and will be required to obtain a CDL.
* Maintenance experience: prefer individual be qualified as a certified welder but will also give consideration to other applicable general maintenance / construction experience.
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of pipeline repair and maintenance. Prefer candidate who also has knowledge of plant maintenance.
* Thorough knowledge of safety rules and practices and a satisfactory safety record
* Ability to use hand tools, power tools, and electronic diagnostic equipment
* Ability to understand equipment and repair manuals
* Ability to provide understandable and legible reports
* Ability to examine/analyze equipment for defects
* Must have demonstrated leadership skills with ability to provide leadership and to be able to guide and coordinate work activities being performed by company or contract personnel.
* Must have a history of being able to work as part of a team, maintain professional relationships with internal and external customers and be extremely dependable and reliable and be able to work under stress of deadlines.
* Be able to assume responsibility and perform duties in a safe manner under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions. Demonstrates sound judgment with the ability to make decisions.
* Must be open to learning, take pride in a job well done, enjoy working hard
Must be physically able to perform all duties required which may involve among other things: bending, moving from ground level to higher levels, raising/lifting from ground level a load up to 50 lbs., manually transporting a load up to 75 lbs., applying up to 100 foot pounds of torque.
* Works indoors and outdoors, gets in and out of vehicles, works around mechanical, industrial and electrical equipment
* Requires moving about equipment and working in confined areas, may work below grade.
* Works in temperature extremes to the extent of weather conditions and operating equipment
* Occasionally must wear special safety equipment while working; must be able to lift and put on emergency breathing apparatus and/or protective equipment.
* May work in several different geographic locations.
* Travels from site to site
* Extended hours and work on weekends, as needed
Hobbs Office (1244)
1625 W Marland Street