Maintenance Electrical Technician 8/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.6 billion during fiscal 2016.
We seek out the best talent, provide them with rich development resources, support, and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who are leaders, innovators, and want to be part of a company that serves the world by making food people love.
Within General Mills, our manufacturing facilities are committed to achieving zero human and food safety incidents and it is every employee's responsibility to fully support this vision. Maintenance Electrical Technician are hired as members of a manufacturing team. They are responsible for the installation and maintenance of electrical systems on equipment within the manufacturing facility.
The General Mills - Carson plant operates 24 hours per day 7 days per week. This position works a 12 hour day (6pm-6:30am) on a 3-2-2-3 schedule. Changes in volume and production requirements can result in changes in work schedule and additional overtime. Maintenance Electrical Technician must be willing to work any shift including nights and weekends.
The starting wage for a Maintenance Electrical Technician position is $31.96 during your inital probationary period then increases to $35.51. General Mills also offers shift differential payment for those working off-shift. Additionally we offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, Pension and 401k.
In this role, you will:
* Follow all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
* Be responsible for overall integrity and reliability of control systems throughout the plant
* Provide technical support/skills for equipment troubleshooting and controls/equipment modifications
* Support plant maintenance department with PLC troubleshooting at a code level
* Work with engineering and maintenance teams to modify PLC programs in order to improve operations
* Test various electrical equipment (AC/DC drives, motors and controls) using standard test equipment and observing system/unit operations
* Provide guidance and support for preventative and predictive maintenance tools
* Design and layout circuits, install fixtures, wiring conduits, motors, and other electrical equipment/components
* Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives in order to increase platform performance
* Assist with training new employees as needed
* Attend meetings and trainings as required
* Perform additional related tasks as assigned
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must have the ongoing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
* High School Diploma or GED
* 5 years experience in industrial electrical maintenance or equivalent education in a related field
* Proficiency in basic computer skills
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs
* Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
* Willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends
* Willing and able to adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment
* Ability to read schematics
* Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
* PLC programming and hardware troubleshooting
* Technical degree in industrial maintenance or related field
* Continuing education in maintenance/technical skills
* Computer Maintenance Management System experience
* Demonstrated leadership ability
2+ years of experience in troubleshooting industrial electrical instrumentation And controls
Allen Bradley PLC programming and hardware troubleshooting
Wonderware software experience
Understanding of network architecture