This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Cellular Sales / Verizon Wireless
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DUTIES/QUALIFICATIONS: Maintenance Electrician
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated professional work experience in the following duties:
* Install and maintain electrical process equipment, AC/DC motors and controls
* Have familiarity with programmable logic controllers (PLC's)
* Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams and schematics
Required Education / Work Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
12 months experience in the Industrial Electrical field
* Individual must have or be able to obtain required levels on the following Career Readiness assessments: Reading for Information, Locating Information, Applied Math, Applied Technology, and Workplace Observation scheduled by the Division of Workforce Solutions (formerly known as ESC) through Haywood Community College.
- Individual must be at least 18 years of age
- Individual must be able to take and pass the written and hands-on maintenance test
- Candidates must be willing to work various shifts and/or overtime as requested
- Self-Starter - capable of working without direct supervision
- Desire to learn, develop, and adapt to new methods
- Willing and able to work with and share knowledge and skills with others
- Good decision-making capabilities
- Capable of developing and maintaining working relationship with others
* Safety conscious at all times.
* Willing to attend on and offsite training courses
* Good troubleshooting skills
In addition to the above, the following are desired skills:
- Demonstrate basic computer skills
* Two-year degree in electrical-related field or verifiable journeyman certification as an electrician
* Have a working knowledge of the National Electrical Code
* Have a working knowledge of distributed control systems (DCS)
* Understand control strategies and their impact on the manufacturing
* Familiar with mill layout.
All interested applicants must submit a resume, transcripts (If degree is in the related field), and proof of High School Diploma or GED to the local NCWorks Office(formerly known as ESC) located at 1170 North Main Street Waynesville NC 28786 (828-456-6061). In addition, an Information/Application packet is available at the Haywood County NCWorks Career Center.
Evergreen Packaging may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time,