Maintenance Electrician 8/27/2016
Lhoist North America
North Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION SUMMARY: To perform electrical and instrumentation inspections, repairs and rebuilds on all plant operating equipment to ensure continuous operation within the required quality control standards. This role is critical to achieving Plant OEE and Equipment Availability goals by elimination of unplanned stops and extended downtimes. Incumbents in the position are required to participate in company-sponsored training and certification programs to ensure that their job knowledge and skills meet evolving company standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
* Must comply with company, state and governmental health and safety regulations at all times
* Must complete and document Workplace Inspections in a timely manner
* Must be able to perform preventive maintenance checks and report findings (both verbally and in writing)
* Must participate in the work order initiation process when required
* Must ensure all inventory parts are correctly charged from Stores as per LNA procedures
* Must possess a good knowledge of power distribution systems
* Must be well versed in the installation, maintenance, and adjustment of transformers
* Must be able to perform low voltage and high voltage terminations
* Must be capable of performing maintenance on switchgear up to 4160 volts.
* Must have knowledge of low, medium and high voltage switching applications.
* Must have experience with Windows OS and Microsoft Office programs. AutoCAD and SAP experience preferred but not required.
* Must be capable of troubleshooting and maintaining all types of motor control circuits.
* Must be able to perform basic electrical calculations
* Must be able to perform tasks with all electrical test equipment (volt meters, meggers, current generators, loop calibrators, etc)
* Must be able to fabricate and install conduit
* Must be able to perform soldering operations
* Must be able to test, troubleshoot and repair AC/DC motors and drives
* Must be able to install and align electrical motors
* Must be able to troubleshoot and maintain air dryers
* Must be able to calibrate, troubleshoot and maintain belt-weighing devices
* Must be able to maintain and replace process control circuits including control valves, actuators and positioners
* Must be proficient in the use of precision measuring tools (multimeters, meggors, 0 to 10 VDC, 4 to 20 mA circuit drivers and testing etc.)
* Should possess some knowledge of the CMMS System and be willing to correctly complete work orders and checklist including signing and dating
* Must be familiar with thermography and fully understand the uses
* Must be able to troubleshoot and perform repairs to hydraulic/pneumatics systems
* Must be able to perform troubleshooting and repairs on Gas Analyzers
* Must be able to troubleshoot and modify control loops
* Must be able to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair cameras and monitors
* Must be able to troubleshoot and maintain variable speed drives
* Must be able to troubleshoot, calibrate and maintain pressure-sensing devices
* Must be able to troubleshoot, calibrate and maintain temperature-sensing devices
* Must be able to troubleshoot, calibrate and maintain motion-sensing devices
* Must be able to troubleshoot, adjust and maintain PLC s
* Must be able to troubleshoot, calibrate and maintain flow meters
* Must be able to troubleshoot, calibrate and maintain flow control valves
* Must be able to troubleshoot, calibrate and maintain level indicators
* Ensures maintenance tools are kept in good condition, repaired, replaced when necessary
* Must possess and maintain a complete set of personal hand tools as per the LNA tool list
* Must perform post-job inspection to ensure a high level of housekeeping standards
* Must be able to operate small mobile equipment
* Must be willing to upgrade skills by participating in vendor training
* Must be willing to upgrade level of skills by participating in company-designated training
* Must be willing to train on any new equipment installations
* Must be willing to perform any other assigned tasks not specifically indicated
* Must be able to read and understand all types of electrical drawings.
* Must perform all tasks in a timely and efficient manner
* Must be capable of working any shift, overtime, be on-call, or work seven days a week, if needed.
* Must be able to multi task with a strong sense of urgency to meet the customer needs.
* Must be able to work well within a team environment and take instructions from management and co-workers.
* Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
* Must possess the basic reading and math skills.
* Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
* Must possess basic computer skills on how to use MS Office products and SAP.
* Strong record of attendance reliability.
* Must know, understand and observe all department and plant safety rules and maintain a high level of housekeeping in assigned work areas.
* Must be capable of performing the essential job duties required of this job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Must be physically able to perform work assigned.
* Must be physically capable of accessing all plant locations.
* Access all areas within a site which could include heights of 150 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing tunnels.
* Will be working at times in covered environment but mainly in a lime/mineral environment.
* The employee will be exposed to the following working conditions: Extreme Heat and Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, and Lime/Mineral Particles.
* The employee will be required to perform the following actions (from time to time): Standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting.
* Ability to occasionally lift/carry 50 pounds.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: 5 to 7 years electrical experience.Completion of an apprenticeship program, technical program, or equivalent experience in industrial background.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many positions.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
FOR THIS POSITION, BEING AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S. IS A PRECONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
LANGUAGE SKILLS (DESIRABLE)