This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
The Boston Beer Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONFOR THE LOVE OF YOUR CAREER
The best people are the best ingredients for our World Class company. Add yourself to the mix at The Boston Beer Company. Just like our beer is the result of the perfect mix to the finest ingredients and products, our world-class company is the result of the perfect combination of high quality talent. The Boston Beer Company is constantly looking to add new ingredients to increase the quality of our organization. That new ingredient could be you
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
We are currently looking for an OPERATING ENGINEER in our CINCINNATI, OH BREWERY.
The primary responsibility of an Operations Engineer(s) is to provide utilities for plant operations in a safe and efficient manner. The person(s) main duties are to monitor, operate, repair and maintain equipment and systems that are required in the production and quality of product produced in the facility. All safety rules and PSM procedures are to be followed and practiced to insure that the work force, surrounding neighbors and property are safe from potential dangers associated with the operations of ammonia refrigeration equipment, boilers and steam generating equipment, compressed air equipment/systems, wastewater operations and CO2 recovery and liquefaction equipment/systems. The engineering jobs at the plant have three classifications, operating engineer, maintenance engineer and relief engineer. Actual tasks may vary based on the shifts, seasons, production requirements and un-foreseen situations at the time.
INGREDIENTS TO BE A SUCCESSFUL OPERATING-MAINTENANCE ENGINEER:
The daily tasks for the operating engineer are generally as follows:
* Monitor and make the required operating changes to the ammonia refrigeration control system to meet the operating parameters established by the plant engineer, lead person or existing conditions.
* Maintain boiler feed water, feed water chemistry, boiler adjustments, and proper steam pressure required for the operation.
* Monitor and control all cellar temperature.
* Monitor, maintain and control glycol equipment, systems and temperatures.
* Operate, maintain and monitor the waste water treatment systems.
* Operate and maintain the CO2 systems from collection to liquefaction.
* Provide assistance and necessary maintenance required in the operation and production of the product(s)
* Monitor all major and ancillary equipment for signs of wear, maintenance needs or lubrication.
* Ensure the facility is secure to the best of you ability.
* Perform maintenance as needed or assigned by the plant engineer, lead person or other department managers.
The daily job duties of the Operating Engineer include, but are not limited to:
* Minor and major pump repair and rebuilds
* Minor and major valve replacement and repair.
* Preventative maintenance and mechanical integrity checks on the various utility systems throughout the facility, including ammonia, CO2, water, and boilers.
* Mechanical assistance on capital projects.
* Basic facility maintenance such as painting, guard rails, decking etc.
* Perform responsibilities of an operating engineer as needed or assigned by the plant engineer, lead person or other department managers.
TO BE MIXED WITH:
* 5 Years in control and maintenance of utilities for plant operation. Demonstrated ability to operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
* 2 years in mechanical maintenance position with excellent mechanical troubleshooting skills
* High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
AND SERVED TO YOU WITH:
A variety of benefits including extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discount stock purchase plan, a 401K program with a generous company match, and a competitive compensation package.
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact 617.368.5854 or email@example.com for assistance.