Maintenance Engineer 8/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY:
The Maintenance Engineer will provide support and direction to the maintenance associates, work with production to ensure the plant equipment is safe to operate, in working order, and repaired in a timely manner so that customer orders are shipped out on time. The Maintenance Engineer will also maintain the appearance, functionality, and quality of grounds, building and production equipment, as well as initiate and support continuous improvement, WCM, Lean, and six sigma projects and activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Oversee or support engineering projects as assigned
* Maintaining the maintenance stock room, determining the materials to stock, ordering the materials, and generating purchase order requests.
* Maintaining the plant equipment in a safe working condition with minimal interruption of production.
* Provide leadership and support to maintenance and mold change associates.
* Develop WCM and Lean initiatives for rubber manufacturing.
* Provide engineering support and expert advice to WCM teams.
* Providing production equipment that is safe to operate
* Purchasing and identifying spare parts for equipment including maintaining the stock room.
* Develop, install, and upgrade production equipment to keep up with customer demand.
REQUIREMENTS (INCLUDING EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS)
Bachelor's Degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrialengineering or related field and 5years of maintenance experience and 3+ years of supervising a maintenance department or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience leading teams and motivating others.
Experience with employee development, mentoring others.
Strong problem solving skills.
A "can-do" attitude
Experience with rubber
MS office software proficiency
Experience in World Class Manufacturing (WCM), LeanSix Sigma, Preventative Maintenance (PM), and/or Toyota Production System
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Able to lift, pull, or carry 25-75 lbs. 40-70% of the time.
* Able to distinguish between different colors.
Ability to withstand high temperature heat