This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you're motivated by the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
We are looking for a Maintenance Engineer who will perform engineering functions within the maintenance department to optimize machine operating time. The scope of work involves reducing the failure rate of equipment & machinery, optimizing equipment maintainability, extending equipment life and introducing engineering solutions that expedite maintenance services while improving operator effectiveness.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Performs analysis, detailed description (including documentation), AFCE preparation, project PPA (potential problem analysis) completion, MOC (management of change) documentation, installation, start-up / checkout / debugging, and cost control of assigned projects. The scope of these assignments will typically be focused operational efficiency improvements.
* Provide technical expertise in support of capital projects, process evaluation, and equipment modifications.
* Provide coaching and technical knowledge when needed to operational personnel to meet plant operational objectives.
* Monitor plant systems, analyze performance, and initiate action achieve plant goals for safety, productivity, and cost effectiveness. Assist the Plant Engineer in maintaining environmental compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
* Drive the reliability and predictive maintenance program to forecast failures, decrease downtime, and to reduce maintenance efforts on down days. Identify and utilize predictive technologies such as vibration analysis, thermography, oil analysis, and ultrasonic inspection.
* Lead plant reliability reviews and root cause failure analysis. Provide technical assistance in support of problem resolution and performance improvement.
* Other duties as assigned.
* A Bachelor's of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
* 1-2+ years' experience as a Project Engineer that includes, design, build, install and de-bug work along with demonstrated experience using AutoCAD, data analysis, project management, and root cause analysis.
* Demonstrated experience diagnosing and troubleshooting process and equipment problems and preparing procedures, technical bulletins and equipment specifications.
* Demonstrated intermediate proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and AutoCAD.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., without current or future requirement for sponsorship of an employment-based visa status
* The ideal candidate multi-tasks well and can communicate effectively with technical and non-technical employees
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V.
No search firms please.