This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description COX MEDIA GROUP AND KIRO TV are seeking an experienced MAINTENANCE ENGINEER.
This position requires expert knowledge of the overall television station from a technical standpoint.
* Maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of the following: AVID INEWS newsroom automation systems, NLE editing systems, graphics systems, master control automation, video switchers, video routers, various tape recorder formats, ENG camera repair, high and low power transmitters, camera control system, camera robotics, audio mixers, broadcaster computer networks, Cisco LAN switches, and a good IT networking understanding.
* This position requires a thorough understanding of digital and analog systems within a television station and industry standards.
* Applicants must have experience in the set-up and networking of computers and a solid understanding of computer OS applications, FTP applications and digital video formats.
* Qualified applicants will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in TV engineering which must include a strong IT background.
* A college degree with an emphasis in Broadcast or IT is a plus.
* Applicant must also have a valid Washington State driver s license and a clean driving record.
* You must have the ability to lift 50 plus pounds, work in confined areas and have the willingness to work all shifts including holidays, as needed.
* Must work well independently as well as in a team environment.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmedia.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-WA-Seattle-2807 3rd Ave
Job Level:Individual Contributor