Maintenance Engineering Manager
Direct all phases of a 3-shift maintenance operation. Recruit, hire and train personnel. Ensure facility/equipment up-keep and support capital improvement projects. Prepare annual maintenance budget, long-term strategic plans and track performance. Create and lead maintenance excellence in an environment that promotes both individual ownership and team results. Promote continuous improvement and lean manufacturing principles and demonstrate a passion for safety excellence.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Direct and manage the maintenance staff in successful day-to-day operations to meet all production and facility requirements in a safe, high quality, on-time and profitable way.
* Implement lean tools to encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment.
* Demonstrate and implement a strong safety culture.
* Develop and implement effective skills training programs for the maintenance staff.
* Identify, implement, and modify maintenance programs, procedures, and staffing to optimize manpower and equipment efficiency.
* Provide implementation/execution of preventative and predictive maintenance, planning and scheduling, program timing, critical spare parts inventories, and safety programs within the Maintenance Department.
* Provide maintenance support as needed on capital projects.
* Monitor department and utilities budgets and initiate process improvements, cost control procedures, and operating efficiencies.
* Monitor equipment/process system performance/integrity, identify needs for upgrades, replacements, and implement modifications to improve reliability and efficiency.
* Maintain cleanliness to GMP standards.
* Ensure full compliance with all appropriate company and regulatory requirements, policies and procedures.
* Coordinate hiring and on-boarding for all maintenance personnel.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
* Minimum 10-15years progressive experience in Maintenance Engineering with at least 5years in a supervisory or management role in a high-volume production environment.
* Must possess strong mechanical skills (pneumatics, hydraulics, pumps, motors, compressed air, HVAC, etc.) with knowledge of process and packaging equipment.
* Basic understanding of electrical systems, PLC ladder logic and troubleshooting; also must have knowledge of and supporting utilities within a facility.
* Demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance and engineering.
* Demonstrated ability to implement Lean and Six Sigma tools to drive improvement.
* Strong understanding of budgeting and expense management with a focus on metrics and managing by the numbers.
* Strong PM (Preventative Maintenance) and Reliability Programs experience, including establishing and effectively maintaining new/existing programs.
* Broad understanding of safety systems and enforcement of safety rule and policies.
* Proven ability to analyze and identify new equipment needs to improve quality and reduce costs.
* Ability to build and develop a high-performance maintenance team through assessment, recruiting, coaching, mentoring, and developing others.
* Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).