Maintenance Generalist (South San Francisco)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Maintenance Generalist (South San Francisco)
Auto Req ID
Perform basic maintenance tasks to structures and grounds common to facility sites and structures.
* Performs non-technical and technical tasks such as inventory, delivery and receiving material and supplies and supports all GHS labeling standards for shipments assuring that material being shipped is compliant with GHS/CLP requirements.
* Classification and label creation for GHS/CLP regulated material being shipped domestically and internationally.
* Assist shipment requestors by using the Ariel software tool to create labels
* Provide direction to requestors on accurate completion of documentation
* Offer compliance support to JLL Logistics groups and shipment requestors.
* Administration of Ariel classification and labeling tool including but not limited to data entry, location maintenance and account maintenance etc.
* Collect metrics on the number of shipment request submitted that were rejected due to inaccurate information
* Understanding and usage of SDS s
* Understanding and usage of the Aerial Classification and labeling software
* Performs periodic inspections on emergency and exit lights.
* Perform re-lamping of exterior and interior lights
* Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of above floor drains, flush drain lines) to provide operable and efficient plumbing capabilities.
* Performs maintenance painting and wall repair. (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints) Replace ceiling tiles, hang signs, banners and posters.
* Perform basic door repair.
* Familiarity with the use of standard hand and power tools
* Respond to roofing leaks and issues. Escalate repair as needed.
* Observes assigned area(s) for damage, etc., and reports to supervisor items needing attention:
* Generates work orders in 360 system
* Must comply with work order system to include interpreting work orders, performing work requested and completing work orders per instruction.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards.
* Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
* Daily equipment rounds and readings/inspections
* Respond and support nonhazardous spills clean up and remediation
* Receive full training that will allow back up for Hazardous Waste shipments and collections
* Supports any other services request by site services team
* High school graduate or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Must be able to utilize 360 CMMS
* Ability to read labels, directions, etc.
* Ability to communicate in writing with team members, co-workers, employees, contractors and vendors to obtain and provide useful information
* Ability to work second or third shift, holidays, and weekends as required. Must be able to respond to emergencies after hours
* Must be able to receive and achieve certifications for shipping and receiving of hazardous materials
* Complete Safety training assignments on time
* Must be able to utilize Microsoft Office Suite
* Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / CONDITIONS
* Must be physically able to perform a basic maintenance task which includes ability to: climb ladders, safely operate and use mobile man lifts and work in confined spaces, lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs., etc.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* Must have a valid driver s license.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.