Maintenance Grounds Laborer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Fort Riley, KS
3001 Cubic Global Defense, Inc.
Cubic Global Defense, Inc (CGD), a leader in the Defense Services industry, is looking for an experienced, highly skilled Laborer Ground Maintenance, to join our professional team providing support to Fort Riley, KS LRC.
Applicant selected wil maintain grounds of industrial, commercial or public property such as buildings, camp and picnic grounds, parks, playgrounds, greenhouses, and athletic fields, and repairs structures and equipment, performing one or more of the following tasks: Cuts grass, using walking-type or riding mowers (less than 2000 lbs.). Trims hedges and edges around walks, flower beds, and wells, using hedge trimmers, clippers and edging tools. Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth, using shears and other hand tools. Sprays lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer or insecticide. Plants grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs. Waters lawn and shrubs during dry periods, using hose or activating sprinkler system. Picks up and burns or carts away leaves, paper or other litter. Removes snow from walks, driveways, roads, or parking lots, using shovel and snow blower. Spreads salt on walkways and other areas. Repairs and paints fences, gates, benches, tables, guardrails, and outbuildings. Assists in repair of roads, walks, buildings, and mechanical equipment. May clean comfort stations, office and workshop areas, and parking lots by sweeping, washing, mopping and polishing.
* Prior experience as an labor ground maintenance preferred.
* Must be familiar with the correct use of power tools and equipment
* Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions to include intense heat, heavy wind, heavy rain, and snow or sleet.
* Must be able to lift 75 pounds.
* Must possess a valid driver's license.
* Subject to random drug testing.
* High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Demonstrated understanding of Safety and OSHA Law & Regulations