This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Calumet City, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
EMCOR Facilities Services ( EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Maintenance Helper
Job Summary: --In a safe, efficient and professional manner the Maintenance Helper will support the Maintenance Lead in the preventative, corrective, and general maintenance for the Client. Other duties include, but not limited to, managing store room and shipping and receiving, daily assessments of systems, maintaining a clean working environment, and other various duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager or Maintenance Lead, while adhering to all safety and health standards. The Maintenance Helper provides general labor around the facility, supports the Facility Team with added labor when necessary, and performs preventative maintenance in accordance with the CMMS schedule. All work is to be performed according to manufacturing standards and will follow change process of qualified core equipment. The Maintenance Helper is also responsible for following all processes to support client satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
* Manage all store room activities.
* Perform scheduled preventative maintenance assigned from CMMS.
* Transport maintenance materials and tools using a forklift or other motorized device.
* Assist in coordinating work with outside contractors and production department supervisors to minimize production impact during major projects or major system repairs.
* Support others to maintain air compression equipment, tracking air pressure levels and making adjustments as necessary.
* Support others to maintain HVAC equipment and perform associated measurements ( e.g., measure PH levels, water condensations, steam pressure).
* Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair basic mechanical problems and coordinate with Maintenance Lead on complex mechanical problems as necessary.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Education - High School Diploma or GED ( Associates degree of Trade school desired).
* Business Experience - 0 to 2 year s related experience is required.
* Licenses/Certifications - Must possess applicable certifications, licenses and a valid driver's license.
* Language Skills - Ability to read and comprehend instructions including, but not limited to, safety policies and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in individual and small group situations.
* Technical Qualifications & Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled