Maintenance I Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Mount Pocono, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
This position is involved with all aspects of maintenance at the facility, including troubleshooting automation equipment and sensors (PLCs), industrial electric systems, motors, bearings/gears, and other systems and components. Our team also does occasional fabrication and welding work.
* Provide preventative and on-demand maintenance on all plant systems during assigned shift
* Work in a safe and professional manner with Safety always being the top priority
* Comply with GMP, HACCP and Regulatory mandates
* Ensure all proper documentation is completed and filed appropriately
* Be familiar with equipment and operations within entire facility
* Preform housekeeping and sanitation duties as related to work areas
* Troubleshoot problems and correct them in a timely and most economical manner
* Remain on 24 hour stand-by for emergency maintenance calls as scheduled
* Be able to prioritize maintenance issues and correct them efficiently
Skills & Experience
* At least 4 years imaintenance roles
* Experience with plant automation systems (PLCs, Variable Frequency Drives, Electrical, Mechanical systems)
* High School diploma preferred
* Must be able to work shifts as assigned
* Maintain good work attendance
* Able to work with minimum supervision
* Capable to climbing atop stairs, ladders and working from heights safely
* Be able to lift minimum of 50 lbs.
* Must be able to weld and operate most power tools
* Must have basic hand tools
* Basic knowledge of electricity
* Basic mechanical aptitude
* Able to work extended hours as needed to complete tasks
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.