This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Calumet City, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
EMCOR Facilities Services ( EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: -- Maintenance Lead
Job Summary: --In a safe, efficient and professional manner the Maintenance Lead will support the Facility Maintenance Manager in the preventative, corrective, and general maintenance of HVAC systems for the Client. Other duties include, but not limited to, daily assessments of systems, maintain a clean working environment, and other various duties as assigned by the Facility Maintenance Manager, while adhering to all safety and health standards. The Maintenance Lead will be responsible for performing maintenance of HVAC equipment, production chillers and boilers, controls located throughout buildings, and plant refrigeration. Experience with boilers a requirement.
The Maintenance Lead will also be responsible for performing electrical installation, repair, and maintenance of equipment and controls located throughout buildings. Plumbing installation, repair, maintenance of piping, associated equipment and components located in the interior and exterior of building( s). Installation, repair, and maintenance of mechanical/electrical operating of facilities equipment and machinery. Conducting routine and on-going assessments of the building system operations. Performing tests, rounds and analysis of data to assure the proper functioning of equipment. Responsible for performing work according to manufacturing standards and following the change process of qualified core equipment and components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
* Monitor operation, adjusts and maintains refrigerants, heat exchangers, HVAC equipment and systems, electrical, emergency backup systems and hot water systems; chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; records readings as necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment and makes adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment and notifies appropriate parties of any problems or malfunctions. Specific experience with boilers and chillers required.
* Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair complex mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals and parts catalogs as necessary.
* Perform preventative maintenance on all base building and critical system equipment which includes but not limited to: assembling all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete the job, performing work with a minimum amount of disruption, conducting immediate clean-up of work area, completing the preventative task sheet, returning tools to workshop and unused supplies to store room and advising the Maintenance Manager of any equipment problems.
* Facilitate and repair general building maintenance.
* Coordinate work with outside contractors and production department supervisors to minimize production impact during major projects or major system repairs.
* Support others to maintain air compression equipment, tracking air pressure levels and making adjustments as necessary.
* Inspect drives, motors and belts following checklists.
* Install, repair and maintain electrical motors, pipe systems and plumbing work.
* Install, repair and maintain pumps and ventilation work.
* Perform repairs to air lines, coolant systems, and other leaking lines.
* Fill plumbing systems and check for leakage. Repair and maintain plumbing by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains.
* Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments using hand tools.
* Clean tanks, pumps, and lines.
* Transport maintenance materials and tools using a forklift or other motorized device.
* Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Education - High School Diploma or GED ( Associates degree or Trade School preferred).
* Business Experience ( prior years work/related experience) Five ( 5) or more year s related experience is required.
* Licenses/Certifications Must possess applicable certifications, licenses and a valid driver's license.
* Language Skills Ability to read and comprehend instructions including, but not limited to, safety policies and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in individual and small group situations.
* Technical Qualifications & Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled