Maintenance Leader- Night Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY For more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's(R), Folgers(R), Jif(R), Dunkin' Donuts(R), Crisco(R), Pillsbury(R), R.W. Knudsen Family(R), Hungry Jack(R), Café Bustelo(R), Martha White(R), truRoots(R), Sahale Snacks(R), Robin Hood(R), and Bick's(R). In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix(R), Milk- Bone(R), Kibbles 'n Bits(R), Natural Balance(R), and 9Lives(R). The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Shift: Nights 4:30pm-3:00am
The purpose of this role is to help lead the production team towards the plant vision and to continually work to improve results. This position will be responsible for the maintenance of the Night Shift Production. They will act as a leader, training operators in routine maintenance and preventive maintenance. This position will help the team meet or exceed the SQMS measures of PR rate goals, zero quality and safety incidents. They will be responsible for the following activities:
* Ensures all safety issue are addressed immediately.
* Identify and correct potential problems to prevent breakdowns and eliminate losses.
* Oversees and helps perform change over s and small equipment repairs with operators.
* Trains equipment operators as needed on proper set up and operation of the equipment.
* Trains equipment operators as needed on proper lubrication of the equipment, and preventive maintenance.
* Helps to identify and solve problems that cause loss of production, both mechanical and other.
* Works with maintenance and production leaders.
* Fills in on the line when needed for breaks and lunch if possible.
* Repair, maintain, and improve production equipment.
* Perform preventative maintenance on plant machinery.
* Communicate maintenance-related problems to appropriate personnel.
* Assist Production personnel in maintaining and adjusting their machines.
* Owns at least 3 leadership elements, ex. Key Elements, DMS Ownership, Pillar Functional Leadership
* Understands and updates team and individual scorecards, and meets monthly with teams and managers to review progress and maintain priorities to support the CBN and plant strategy.
* Monitor team performance and work with other leaders to improve team results.
* Works with System Leader to order shop parts.
* Complete work orders in a timely manner.
* Any other duties assigned by the Area Leader, Maintenance Manager, or Operations Manager
* High School Diploma or GED Required
* Some additional Mechanical Training Preferred
* 5 years of Maintenance experience (manufacturing environment preferred)
* Excellent mechanical abilities
* An excellent understanding of the LEAN and Preventive Maintenance work process
* Demonstrated leadership skills
* Display initiative, ownership and self-motivation
* Good interpersonal skills within and across teams and with leadership
* Demonstrated mechanical abilities at the expert level
* Good computer skills including microsoft office and lotus notes
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Willingness to work overtime as needed
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a continuous basis
No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of his or her employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.