Maintenance Manager-Auto Auction
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
This position manages the maintenance and custodial function of the auction and directs the activities of employees engaged in operating and maintaining auction facilities, offices, grounds and equipment.
* Ensure efficient maintenance operations by supervising maintenance and custodial personnel and identifying current and future maintenance requirements.
* Inspect facilities, buildings and equipment to determine need and extent of service, equipment required, and type and number of operation and maintenance personnel needed. Assign employees as necessary.
* Work with Procurement/Posting Department on the purchase building and maintenance supplies, machinery and equipment.
* Direct installation of, modifications to and maintenance activities on utility systems, such as heat, power, gas and air.
* Compile records of labor and material costs and prepare reports for general management.
* Work with location leadership to prepare annual maintenance budget.
* Prepare facilities for various events, to include set-up and breakdown of all areas.
* Maintain and develop maintenance staff and their professional and technical knowledge by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees, and by providing educational opportunities. Counsel and discipline employees as necessary. Plan, monitor and evaluate job performance, and conduct performance appraisals.
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
* Review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
* Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
* Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
* Partner with various market level support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, MFS, Recon, Safety, Security, and Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high quality customer service and support.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* 2 or more years experience in maintenance or custodial management required.
* Good communication and interaction skills, competent management and organizational skills required.
* Good computer and software knowledge.
* Knowledge of federal/state laws and regulations regarding OSHA, EPA and MSDS a must.
* Valid Driver s License and good driving record required.
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
* Ability to lift 1-30 pounds (light hand tools, etc.) Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
* Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Primary Location:US-WI-Caledonia-561 Hwy 41
Job Level:Team Leader