This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMAINTENANCE/FACILITIES MANAGER
Purpose of the role:
1. To provide and support the facility to ensure capable manufacturing processes.
2. To develop and sustain preventive maintenance and tooling programs that will assist in efficient machine usage and improved up-time.
3. Develop facility improvements to ensure competiveness of the site.
4. Manage the asset purchases to support new and existing business.
5. Ensure compliance to environmental management systems as applied by the maintenance team.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* To manage the maintenance department and engineering staffs effectively and within budget, including effective management, motivation and development of personnel towards achieving departmental and plant goals.
* To maintain an operating system that is consistent with TS- MGIC standards and is based upon review of performance and actions of continuous improvement.
* To ensure our facilities consistently meet customer expectations and requirements.
* To positively contribute as a staff member to the total management of the business.
* Initiating, recommending and verifying solutions through designated channels.
* Ensure budgets, OEE, maintenance costs (power and resource consumption) and P.M. targets are achieved and improved through the use of continuous improvement.
* Work with and enhance site safety committee.
RELATIONSHIPS (MAIN CUSTOMERS AND SUPPLIERS)
o Plant manager and staff
o Process Engineering and Manufacturing Groups
o Product Engineering
* Bachelor of Science degree
* Minimum of 5 years' experience as a facilities manager including implementation and successful operation of preventative maintenance programs.
* Ability to manage teams, possess a willingness to assist, be rigorous, be adaptable and available as a member of the operations team.
* Have an analytical and problem solving attitude and have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft office programs (Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint).
* Working knowledge of health and safety regulations.
* Be able to manage using Key Performance Indicators and building action plans to support continuous improvement.
* Be able to manage and create effective budgets.
* Have experience in equipment purchases and capital spending.