This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY PROFILE
Our client is a family-owned textile company that has been providing excellence in linen and uniform services for all types of facilities for over 125years. Over the years, they have adapted to the changing marketplace by utilizing new technology, enabling them to provide the highest quality products and services, while ensuring consistent, accurate, and timely delivery which their clients can rely on. The main priority is to make their clients' businesses look better, while reducing costs, improving productivity and enhancing their image.
Our client understands that relationships are built on trust--therefore, they use only the best, industry-respected vendors and make the investments in facilities, technology, and personnel, which are needed to provide the highest quality products and services possible to their clients. Continuing to lead the industry after these many years, our client always acts with the best interests of their customers and team-members in mind.
THE ROLE DEFINED
Reporting in directly to the Plant Manager, this is an exempt, experienced-level position, focusing on supporting all departments and business operations by ensuring the maintenance and security of all equipment and buildings.
The Maintenance Manager is experienced with safety and environmental regulations, and will be responsible for company compliance with those regulations, as well as with internal company policies and maintenance department rules, and for leading the Preventative Maintenance Pillar, and maintaining the MPulse system (CMMS).
This individual must maintain the cleanliness and overall appearance of physical facilities, as well as the good working order of all machinery and equipment (including production equipment with electrical, mechanical, conveyors, boilers, steam and plumbing components). Able to adapt to work in very warm or very cold environments, depending on the season and whether the work is inside or outside of the building, the Maintenance Manager strives to achieve and maintain a clean, orderly facility, operating with as little down-time as possible.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated proficiency in installing and maintaining comparable systems and equipment, the ability to work independently to complete projects, and effective interpersonal skills to manage vendor relations and maintain positive interdepartmental relationships.
SCOPE AND CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
The Maintenance Manager's primary responsibilities revolve around the maintenance of all machinery, equipment, building and company grounds, to ensure that all facilities are in clean conditions and good working order.
S/he will work to ensure that all machinery and plant equipment is property functioning and in compliance with relevant safety and environmental government regulations and company policies. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that all building and grounds are properly maintained, and also for maintaining constant positive interactions with other staff members, vendors, and other internal departments.
* Maintain all machinery and equipment in like new conditions;
* Comply with safety and environmental regulations, as well as company policies and maintenance department rules;
* Evaluate requests for repairs and schedule work according to urgency, availability of crew, and least interference with production;
* Maintain constant positive interaction with coworkers, supervisors and managers, as well as front-line members, in order to maintain a positive relationship between the maintenance department and all other departments;
* Assist in maintaining an inventory of parts, equipment and services to support operations;
* Utilize the company-provided MPulse Preventative Maintenance Software to fully assure machinery remains in optimal condition;
* Maintain the cleanliness and overall appearance of physical facilities to support operations and protect the company's assets;
* Maintain building and grounds by inspecting and noting defects and scheduling repairs or improvements;
* Participate in the company's safety and MHP programs including, ensuring all safety regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained for equipment and facilities;
* Assist in the installation and maintenance of equipment to support an efficient operation;
* Must be a leader in the department by demonstrating safe work practices, the ability to follow all work rules and a strong work ethic;
* Must keep up with ever changing start up, shut down, and procedures in the operation of the power plant systems including the boiler room;
* Assure that the building and grounds are properly maintained;
* Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SETS PREFERRED
An energetic self-starter, the Maintenance Manager is a seasoned mechanical engineer with hands-on experience working with and troubleshooting heavy machinery, boilers, electrical equipment, and plumbing.
Beyond his/her expertise in the installation, maintenance and repair of factory machinery and equipment, this individual is also equipped with strong interpersonal and communication skills, which they leverage to effectively deal with vendors and all other members of the company staff.
* 2 - 5years' experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably in a comparable industry;
* High School Diploma;
* Vocational School Certificate or equivalent experience;
* Must have or obtain a City of Chicago Stationary Engineers License
* Ability to work independently on assigned projects;
* Must have experience in the following areas:
* Plant facility and support systems operation and maintenance,
* Production equipment maintenance and repair of
* Electrical/electronic (PLCs, 480V)
* Mechanical (conveyors, boilers, steam, plumbing)
* LOTO, Confined Spaces and all other OSHA required training,
* Work with large machinery.
* Good human relations skills, ability to work with a variety of personalities;
* Computer literacy, with the ability to troubleshoot computer issues, experience with Microsoft Office;
* Quality orientation and high attention to detail;
* Ability to perform problem analysis;
* Ability to work in environments that may range from very warm to very cold, depending on the season and whether the work is inside or outside of the building;
* Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination, sufficient to be able to repeatedly lift and maneuver up to 100 pounds;
* Ability to climb stairs, bend, stand, walk, stoop, crouch and work in such positions every day;
* Experience with hazardous chemicals.
* Motivated: possesses internal drive to succeed and ability to work independently, with minimum supervision, to complete projects from start-to-finish.
* Organized: highly organized with attention to detail, enabling the ability to effectively monitor the state of machinery and equipment, and make timely repairs.
* Personable: enthusiastic, respectful and friendly--adept at communicating effectively with others and maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships.
* Accountable: takes ownership for results as well as the activity required to achieve them.
* Dedicated, hard-working: willing to work as hard as it takes to get the job done.
* Honest, forthright: thinks and acts with impeccable integrity and thoroughness.
* Disciplined: proven ability to measure success against defined criteria and objectives.
* Team-player: collaborator with ability to create a positive work environment and make meaningful contributions and recommendations.