This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are seeking a Maintenance Manager who will be a dynamic, multi task oriented senior professional to manage all day-to-day maintenance aspects of this medium sized Fixed Route bus operation. The Maintenance Manager will insure that all contractual requirements are achieved. Duties included will consist of daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports. The Maintenance Manager must be able to properly manage a budget for maintenance program.
This position is located in San Diego. Relocation assistance is available.
* Must have a minimum of five (5) years fixed route bus maintenance management experience.
* Must have experience managing/ directing 10 plus employees. (fleet techs/service workers/cleaners)
* Experience working with 100+ buses within the last year.
* Experience working in transit and fixed route within the last year.
* Previous passenger transportation in current project or similar environment preferred.
* Must have transit experience to be considered.
* Must be able to manage and interface with client.
* Must have the ability to track and control parts inventories, vendors and suppliers.
* Must be able to properly prioritize, implement and manage work schedules, projects and assignments.
* Must be able to manage the financial/accounting aspects of a fleet maintenance operation.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff in written and oral formats.
* Must have computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and Microsoft outlook.
* Must have technical competence with light/medium/heavy duty vehicle repair and preventive maintenance.
* Must display initiative, professionalism, candor and tact at all times.
* ASE or manufacture's certifications a plus.
* Technical experience with fixed route/coach transit bus maintenance.
* Solid knowledge of managing audits, PM schedules.
* Experience with Diesel, CNG, and Alternative fuels required.
* Must have a CDL class B with passenger and airbrake endorsement.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.