Maintenance Manager 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MAINTENANCE MANAGER
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supervise subordinates in mechanical and electricaltroubleshooting to determine problems in equipment.
* Implement and maintain a preventive maintenance program using TMM software.
* Review and prioritize work orders. Create and execute a preventative maintenance schedule.
* Set up and maintain spare parts and supplies inventory including purchasing parts. Place orders and ascertain the proper documentation, as necessary.
* Investigate problems related to maintenance and collaborate with other functional areas to identify root cause and recommend corrective action/countermeasure, prepare action plan, manage solution implementation and report results.
* Review incoming and completed work orders and preventive maintenance slips. Identify trends, problems, and opportunities and recommend actions to improve performance results.
* Generate activity and downtime reports for management review. Keep a record of all the day-to-day maintenance and service activities undertaken.
* Evaluating the performance of subordinates and disciplining them, if necessary.
* Complying with all corporate policies and OSHA rules while carrying out maintenance functions.
* All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Individuals should have an Associate's degree with ten years of maintenance experience including two years in a supervisory role or equivalent education and work experience. Ideal candidate would have at least five years' experience in extrusion blow molding. Individuals must also have excellent problem solving, communication (both verbal and written), organizational, and administrative skills and should be proficient in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of ISO9000 preferred.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Since the early 1970's, this plastic manufacturer has been growing both organically and through acquisition. Due to the growth of the organization, they are looking to add to their technical team. They serve 6 primary markets that cover a multitude of products produced in six different facilities.
LOCATION: PORTLAND, IN
Portland is a city of 6,200 people located 50 miles south of Fort Wayne and 90 miles northeast of the IN state capitol, Indianapolis. Their strongest asset is their citizens who participate in our churches, civic clubs, and recreational programs. They look to encourage quality growth while preserving their down-home character. Portland has annual events such as the Gathering of the Great Lakes Nation Pow Wow, July 4th Celebration, Vintage Motor Bike Show, Jay County Fair, the world's largest Antique Tractor and Engine Show, plus various otherevents, which are held at the Jay County Fairgrounds. Portland is where the past, present and future converge in one of the best locations in the state of Indiana.