Maintenance Manager 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY:
This is a critical role in a growing plant. This role directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering and maintenance projects at the facility by performing the following duties personally or through assigned direct or indirect team.
* Supervise 20+ maintenance technicians that cover 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift, PM coordinator, an inventory clerk and 2 process engineers
* Lead day to day activities of directing, controlling and coordinating all phases of the Maintenance and Engineering Department
* Support plant facilities and equipment maintenance to produce quality products in an efficient and profitable manner
* Handle troubleshooting, all maintenance and repairs of equipment, Preventative/Predictive Maintenance Plans; manage supply room
* Lead, develop and train staff members to build the capability of maintenance supervisors and technicians and foster a team environment
* Work closely with other disciplines in providing world class manufacturing
* Assure equipment reliability to maximize production line productivity
* Implement process enhancements to improve process enhancements to improve package and flavor changeover efficiency
* Utilize visual factory concepts to maximize asset utilization and plant performance
* Track standard manufacturing and warehouse measures and prioritizes plant maintenance opportunities
* Maintain P&L responsibility over maintenance cost centers, repair and maintenance, maintenance labor, utilities and capital improvement plans
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Four-year College or university program degree in relevant Engineering discipline (mechanical, electrical, or food processing) from an accredited institution
* Significant broad-based project management experience (at least one project over $5m)
* Understanding of where/how to spend engineering dollars and how to manage internal/external engineering resources
* Background in food processing to include sanitary factory/process design
* Strong process improvement background with at least 5 years direct process improvement experience in the food industry
* Experience with a food equipment manufacturing company is preferred (~5 years)
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
* Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.