Maintenance Manager 8/11/2016
Windsor Locks, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MAINTENANCE MANAGER
* Direct maintenance functions to assure the plant infrastructure and equipment are kept in a safe, reliable condition with minimum unplanned production downtime. Investigate, analyze, plan, design and direct the execution of a wide variety of engineering and maintenance solutions to support the safety, quality, and reliability of the plant buildings and equipment. Define, promote and manage lean projects in alignment with Business Area and plant targets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides short and long term direction and objectives assigned plant maintenance staff.
* Analyzes/determines manufacturing needs for equipment, services, facilities, and provides technical support for manufacturing, environmental operations, and other groups as needed.
* Assures all projects and equipment maintenance tasks are planned, designed and installed/completed in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations relating to building codes, health, safety and environment.
* Implement lean tools within department to improve overall department efficiency, cost reduction and decrease overall downtime.
* Implement system to analyze overall maintenance department's cost effectiveness verses results
* Hires, trains, develops and motivates maintenance staff to achieve maximum productivity through appropriate skills training and development of staff. Ensures quality work performance at all levels.
* Leads the effort with operations and engineering to continually evaluate the maintenance capital and expense requirements for the plant.
* Participates in the planning and justification of infrastructure maintenance capital projects to Business Area management and manages the schedule, cost and accomplishment of objectives.
* Establishes/maintains a safe department work place and creates practices to accomplish yearly safety goals.
* Develop projects using Lean methodology in order to reduce costs and increase efficiency. Analyze results against plans and propose corrective actions, providing coaching and support to ensure successful implementation.
* Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
* Run Maintenance Pillar.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors' degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering At least 15 years field experience including maintenance management and project engineering. With at least 4 years as a maintenance manager.
* Ability to operate computer hardware and software programs.
* Ability to exercise technical, analytical, and leadership skills in order to ensure that engineering and maintenance objectives are clearly defined and capital infrastructure maintenance is ongoing.
* Drive and PLC programming experience.
* Strong project management skills required.
* Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills required.
* Previous supervisory skills required.
* Business travel may be required to visit off-site locations.
DESIRED SKILLS AND BACKGROUND
* End-To-End Process Understanding.
* Team Leadership.
* Performance Management.
* Continuous improvement methodology knowledge.
* Driving results for value.
* HSE Management.
* Project Management Rapid Problem Solving.