Maintenance Mechanic 345
HB Fuller - Mesquite, TXThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- HB Fuller HB Fuller
- Mesquite, TX
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
H.B. Fuller is a leading provider of specialty adhesives, chemical products and solutions used to create hundreds of brand name goods across the globe. Our collaborative, engaging culture encourages employees to contribute at the highest level, making H.B. Fuller a great place to work!
The Maintenance Mechanic reports to Facility Engineer and has primary responsibility for performing mechanical equipment maintenance for the assigned facility.
- Follows, without exception, all work instructions and safety rules, including the use of all PPE and safety gear. Reinforces the instructions and rules with peers.
- Contributes to the general housekeeping of the entire plant area, and the assigned area in the maintenance “shop.”
- Practices safety in all actions, including start up-shut down & lockout / tag out procedures for all responsibilities.
- Exhibits excellent forklift / highboy skills. Must be trained on all lifts used in the plant.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements as they pertain to daily activities.
- Specific safety knowledge with respect to the plant and equipment.
- Researches improved and compatible equipment that will standardize equipment types which eliminates the need for a wide variety of spare parts and vendors.
- Fulfills the responsibilities as required for the Quality System for the plant.
- Works with the CMMS to schedule preventive maintenance in a manner to avoid unnecessary down time for production.
- Completes, maintains, and processes all necessary documents pertaining to repairs, purchases and other appropriate activities.
- Trains other maintenance mechanics, and maintenance helpers.
- Examines plant systems to diagnose problems and prevent failures.
- Provides maintenance on plant electrical, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, and other systems, plus general maintenance, with limited supervision.
- Displays strong, problem-solving skills.
- “Troubleshoots” problems to determine the most cost effective solution. Consults with Facility Engineer, and presents results and alternatives.
- Cleans, lubricates, and adjusts mechanical parts as necessary.
- Within the scope of knowledge, and abilities, installs new equipment.
- Works under the guidance of peers, master mechanics, or the Facility Engineer.
- Performs general maintenance work.
- Displays team player characteristics.
- Works under minimal direction and supervision. Work is subject to inspection and checks.
- Displays strong oral and written communication skills. Uses plant radios, and intercom system in an appropriate manner.
- Recognizes the” customer,” and is flexible in changing priorities as required by the customer
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- Strong math, reading, communication, and organizational skills
- A combination of 5+ years of technical training and experience
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications (MS Office suite, internet accessibility).
- Knowledge of various trade fundamentals sufficient to deal with general repairs.
- Must posses skills in mechanics (pumps, mixers, machinery repair), and electrical, including basic PLC troubleshooting.
- Requires demonstrated ability to perform all job duties.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to maintain good documentation
- Ability to perform with a minimal amount of supervision
- Familiarity with CMMS, preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Certified to work on refrigeration equipment.
- Pipefitting, and related skills.
- Strong mechanical and electrical backgrounds.
- Computer experience.
- PLC experience with programming and troubleshooting skills.
- Machining skills.
- While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to stand.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs, use hands to remove or lift boxes, stretch and reach with arms extended, and stoop.
- The employee must, regularly, lift and / or move up to 50 pounds, alone, and occasionally lift and / or move more than 100 pounds, with assistance.
Position must be filled by July 2012.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.