Maintenance Mechanic B
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 9/9/2017
Logan Township, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
The Electro-Mechanical technician will primary, maintain all of the plant and production electrical and control systems. This includes electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical and network sub-systems. He will be responsible for preventive and corrective maintenance through out the plant. Work by direction from the Maintenance Planner and/or Maintenance Supervisor, ensuring that the maintenance schedules are adhered to.
* Job responsibilities should be in bullet point form with a maximum of 10. Include 85% of position priorities.
* Maintain production equipment while running on a product production schedule. Perform electrical and mechanical inspection safely while equipment is in production.
* During equipment down days the Electro-Mechanical Technician will work on the production lines taking care for any corrective, preventive or scheduled repairs in accordance with the company and/or machine vender specification.
* In the event of an equipment breakdown the Electro-Mechanical Technician will work alone or with a mechanic to determine the cause of the trouble, repair and return the equipment back into production in the shortest time period.
* Complete assigned tasks in accordance with government codes and regulations, GMP, safety, quality control, company programs and procedures.
* Primarily performs preventive, scheduled or corrective repairs on batching and continuous process control systems, their networks, AC/DC and servo drives, pneumatics, hydraulics and mechanical components.
* Maintain plant secondary systems for the supply of steam, hot and chilled water, pneumatic air, electrical power, refrigeration, HVAC and emissions control (oxidation).
* Maintain work records in accordance with work orders, backlog and job assignment system.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* May travel to various locations to purchase parts, attend training or for other duties.
* Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture. Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
* Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully of problem resolution reports.
* Technical Skills Uses formal schooling, technical training and expertise appropriate to situation; shares expertise with others.
* Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming others; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
* Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
* Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
* Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically.
* Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values. Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; arrives at meetings on time.
* Dependability - Follows written and oral instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time.
* Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
* Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
* Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
* Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* AS/AAS degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering preferred or equivalent High school/military and practical experience in related field with background in full machine and electrical control system installation.
* Must have ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, instrumentation and control systems design documentation and vendor supplied documents including Process &Instrument Drawings (PID), electrical single line drawings, instrument loop drawings, electrical cable, routing and termination , mechanical diagrams and machine layout drawings.
* MATH ABILITY - Ability to perform basic and advance math, convert all units of measurement using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to interpret graphs and diagrams preferred.
* REASONING ABILITY - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Have the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
* CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
* Depending on location, may require various licenses by local, county, state or federal agencies. Requires valid driver s license.
* Years of Experience
* Language Skills
* Have the ability to read and interpret work orders, operating manuals and maintenance instructions. Ability to complete forms detailing maintenance work performed. Working knowledge of spoken Spanish preferred.
* Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
* Computer/Software Skills
* Knowledge of Rockwell, Siemens, Mitsubishi software and preventative maintenance software preferred.
* Travel requirements
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed required to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather), and to rapid changes in temperature. The employee must be able to tolerate a work environment that contains flour dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can get loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be standing or walking nearly 100% of the time, including occasional walking on uneven ground. Hand and finger movement is required frequently to manipulate hand tools, parts and equipment. The employee is occasionally required to smell. The employee is expected to frequently carry tools or equipment up to 25 pounds; and to twist, bend and stoop in conjunction with lifting up to 50 pounds with the aid of co-workers.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.