Maintenance Mechanic B
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We Build Careers As Strong As Our Products
Pelican Products is not only the global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lighting systems and virtually indestructible cases for protecting valuable equipment---it's a great place to work. We're looking for team members who take pride in creating and manufacturing products that are preferred by professionals (including fire fighters, law enforcement and military personnel) who work in extreme environments across the globe.
With competitive compensation and benefits, our team enjoys a fast-paced, creative and exciting environment that allows them to flourish and be the best at their jobs. Employees are our greatest resource and as such, their talents are valued and their contributions are recognized. Pelican Products is a unique company that combines the stability and professionalism of a mature firm with the agility and spirit of a small, fast-growth company.
Would you like to join the Pelican Products team? We currently have an opening for a Maintenance Mechanic B on our 2nd Shift (2:00pm - 10:00pm)
Under limited supervision, performs a wide range of repairs and preventive maintenance tasks on molding equipment & auxiliary machinery; fabricates jigs and fixtures; and assists with maintaining inventory of spare parts and supplies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs repairs on molding equipment, auxiliary machinery, appliances, chiller units, thermolators, dryers and compressors.
* Performs preventive maintenance functions such as lubricating equipment and checking gauges, hoses, pumps, bells, motors, and oil levels on machinery.
* Fabricates jigs and fixtures for use in production.
* Disassembles, cleans, and replaces damaged or worn parts on molding equipment and auxiliary machinery.
* Assists Lead with maintaining inventory of spare parts and supplies and issuing requisitions for purchases.
* Remains on 24-hour call and works extended schedules to include evenings and weekends as necessary.
* Actively supports Pelican s commitment to Quality and all quality objectives, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
* Other duties as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
* High school diploma with a certification at a trade or technical school preferred.
* Basic knowledge of equipment including blending machines, granulators, and auxiliary equipment.
* Basic knowledge of plant and machine safety.
* Basic knowledge in at least 3 of the following areas: carpentry, plumbing, painting, or hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical or electrical systems.
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specs.
* Ability to drive forklifts and possess necessary certification.
* Must have good math and written/verbal communication skills and be able to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
* Ability to diagnose equipment maintenance and repair needs and apply troubleshooting procedures.
* Ability to set-up, plans, and operates machine tools.
* Must have the ability to complete assignments within time frame specified by Maintenance Supervisor.
* Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
* Must be flexible with work schedules and be available to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
* Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.