This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
Budd Lake, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Auto Req ID
Currently, we are seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team in Budd Lake, NJ.
The Maintenance Technician provides electrical and mechanical support for the assigned building. This role has wide ranging responsibilities including low/medium voltage power, HVAC system and controls, mechanical system troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, emergency response, general maintenance, carpentry, plumbing system and vendor management. Primary responsibilities will include electrical/mechanical support for power systems, boilers, chillers and controls, lighting systems and controls, BMS and other facility subsystems and support tools.
* This position performs general maintenance on all facets of facility equipment and infrastructure.
* Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
* Maintains service documentation.
* Communicates with customers, management, colleagues regarding issues, project completion timelines and workload priorities.
* Performs facility equipment repairs when needed.
* Maintains tools, parts, equipment and supplies in clean and safe condition.
* Acts as a resource for all partners in equipment and service maintenance.
* Candidate must be willing to work in a multi-skilled team environment.
* Flexibility to flow with the work will be required to accomplish all daily operations and maintenance tasks.
* Record readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment.
* Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials; maintain a clean and safe workplace.
* Maintains responsibility for facility services, preventative maintenance, purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency.
* Monitor the quality and service of maintenance work performed by outside contractors.
* Evaluate vendors and suppliers on a regular basis with regard to quality and competitive pricing.
* Perform additional job duties as requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
* 2 years field experience OR 3 years total field experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Must be good at handyman duties, technical troubleshooting on HVAC, electrical, plumbing and other facility related equipment.
* Person must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Good general computer skills with knowledge in email, Internet, Microsoft Word are a plus for this position.
* Person must be a self-motivated individual who can work independently or in a team environment.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
* Must have a valid US driver license
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / CONDITIONS
* Must have the ability to lift 70 lbs frequently
* May be required to work overtime to meet deadlines
* The environment, in which the job is performed, will be on a team with 1 other person who is the manager.
* Primary assignment will be in Budd Lake, NJ.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.