This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/20/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Auto Req ID
The Maintenance Mechanic provides electrical and mechanical support for various assigned buildings. This role has wide ranging responsibilities including low/medium voltage power, HVAC system and controls, mechanical system troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, emergency response, general maintenance, carpentry, plumbing system and vendor management. Primary responsibilities will include electrical/mechanical support for power systems, boilers, chillers and controls, lighting systems and controls, EMS, BMS and other facility subsystems and support tools.
* Maintain light bulbs / change ballasts
* Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of building and equipment
* General office maintenance hang pictures, install keyboard trays, repair office furniture systems
* Minor plumbing repairs
* Minor repairs to the lawn irrigation system
* Completes special tasks that include painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, special cleaning, and general maintenance as assigned.
* Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested
* Assists other operational staff members in repair and maintenance of building equipment
* Complies with policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
* Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
* Maintains records for work completed in a neat and organized manner
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Ability to lift at least 50 lbs and use ladders up to 26'
* Electrical and mechanical aptitude a must
* Knowledge of office furniture systems (Steelcase preferred)
* Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
* Speak fluent English
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of 1 year related experience
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.