This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
This position has responsibilities to maintain, troubleshoot and repair a variety of electrical and mechanical equipment in a food processing environment. This position requires proficiency in multiple skill clusters, such as electrical controls, fluid power, mechanical systems, welding, fabrication and manufacturing processes. This person will perform medium to high-level machine systems troubleshooting and repair, and provide technical support for all phases of the operation. This work will be of average to considerable difficulty in the accomplishment of a variety of mechanical maintenance actions. New, higher starting wage, excellent benefits.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
* Receives work order/request, reviews to determine tool, equipment, time, man-power, parts and supplies requirements, and schedules its accomplishment.
* When responding to crisis calls will always arrive at the scene with basic tools and equipment necessary to perform work.
* Read blueprints, schematics (including electrical), wiring diagrams, technical manuals, etc.
* Maintains various activity records and logs.
* Observe equipment or machinery while in operation to detect malfunctions.
* Disassemble mechanical equipment, identify faulty/worn parts, replace, reassemble, and test.
* Test major subsystems or components to localize problem using specialized equipment.
* Fabricate replacement parts which may require welding, cutting, or sheet metal work.
* Perform preventive maintenance on various mechanical systems and equipment. Install new equipment/appliances including running any electrical, water, gas, or drain lines required.
* Responsibilities include installing, trouble shooting, and maintaining, mechanical equipment, piping systems, electrical controls/components in accordance with manufacturer s specification, local regulations and Smithfield safety policies.
* Performs preventive and predictive maintenance schedules on mechanical equipment such as pumps, motors, compressors, exhaust fans, blowers and electrical controls.
* Working knowledge and skills in operating a variety of small hand tools and devices used in general mechanical maintenance operations.
* Education: HS Diploma; associate technical maintenance or vocational school degree a plus.
* Experience: At least 4 + years in industrial mechanical maintenance preferably in a food manufacturing.
* Must be able to read and write fluently in English to communicate and understand technical/ training manuals written in English.
* Possess the ability to function effectively in a team environment and interact productively with all levels of team personnel and outside contractors.
* Ability to operate a forklift, genie lift or scissor lift.
* Displays sound judgment, organizational skills and the ability to work independently with little supervision.
No Supervisory Responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, while performing the duties of this job.
* The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
* The employee is frequently required to stand; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
* The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, while performing the duties of this job.
* The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions.
* The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold and extreme heat.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.