This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 2/2/2017
Dairy Farmers of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONCass Clay Creamery/Kemps LLC a subsidary of Dairy Farmers of America is searching for a qualifed Industrial Maintenance Mechanic for our Fargo Milk Plant.
Hours: 12 hour rotating shifts, every other weekend, overnights starting at 4:00pm or 4:30am. Week 1 will consist of Mon/Tue/Fri/Sat - Week 2 will consist of Sun/Wed/Thur and the rotation will begin again again. Must be able to work overtime, holidays and have the flexibility to come on on days off.
Responsibilities Include, but not limited to:
- Fully accountable for the maintenance and electrical work throughout the plant on a daily basis.
- Required to work at heights, climb into and around machinery, and work in small spaces.
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all mechanical equipment.
- Use electrical test equipment to troubleshoot, repair and service electrical systems.
- Size, specify materials and follow through the installation of 480/240 volt power projects, and associated control circuitry.
- Program, troubleshoot and use Allen-Bradley, or comparable, PLC hardware and software. Will include, but not be limited to, SLC5/40 controllers, PV series touch screen terminals, Flex I/O Device net communications, PLC and Panel View software and programming which may include RS Logix 500, and Panel Builder Application software.
- Installation and troubleshooting on instrumentation devices such as temperature controlling recorders, weigh and load cell devices, stepping motors, servo motors, servo/frequency drive devices.
- Work on communication devices and network communication-cabling system.
- Maintain computer controlled manufacturing equipment.
- Troubleshooting and rebuilding power transmission to manufacturer's specification.
- Perform routine mechanical repairs on bearings, belts, chains, sprockets, shafts and other mechanical devices associated with production.
- Read and use mechanical blueprints to aid in troubleshooting mechanical systems.
- Execute proper preventive maintenance tasks with little supervision or direction.
- Fabricate and weld MIG and TIG Stainless steel pipe and sheet material.
- Ability to perform proficient machining, drilling, tapping, threading, plumbing and cutting skills.
- Explain and perform job tasks related to the operation and maintenance of the electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and ammonia/freon refrigeration systems.
- Understand the basic steam generation process involved with the facility powerhouse boiler system.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Maintain clean and safe working environment and responsible for reporting quality and safety issues to management.
- Assist with employee training as needed.
- Attend required training, including but not limited to: GMP's, HAACP, SQF, Safety.
- Attend required meetings.
- Have a passion for safety (encouraged to join teh safety committee).
- Other duties as assigned.
The Maintenance Mechanic must be able to work overtime as required. Shift : 12 Hour Shifts, on a rotating schedule starting at 6:00 PM to 6:30 AM Days: Week 1 Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Week 2- Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday.
Wage - DOE $20-$25
Benefits include - Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Pention, Vacation & Sick time, and on the job training as well as the opportunity for additional education/training in mechanically inclined studies. Qualifed applicants may be eligible for relocation reimbursment.