Maintenance Mechanic- GER01848
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Fort Smith, AR
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The role of a Maintenance Mechanic is to foster a \\"Safety Above All\\" culture, actively address all safety concerns, and be an example to others in following the plant safety program.
Our plant maintenance team focuses on preventative, predictive, and corrective maintenance on all plant equipment. We work in cell teams consisting of production and maintenance personnel to collectively improve safety, quality, productivity, reliability, and cost.
Candidate must have strong communication skills, have the ability to work alone or as part of a team and a willingness to learn.
Duties & Responsibilities The Individual
* High School education with a minimum of 5 years experience in an Industrial environment OR Technical Degree with 2 years experience in an Industrial environment.
* Incumbent must have ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts (7 am 7 pm/7 pm 7 am) including weekends, holidays, and scheduled/unscheduled overtime.
* Must have a clear understanding of preventative and predictive maintenance principles.
* Must have a working knowledge of hydraulics, Pneumatics, and lubrications systems.
* Must be able to read hydraulic schematics, mechanical prints, and be proficient in using precision measuring instruments.
Any industrial maintenance work history.
Any previous machine shop experience.
Any previous steel mill maintenance experience.
Overhead crane maintenance experience.
Some welding/fabricating skills or certifications.
Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.