Maintenance Mechanic- GER01985
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Perform maintenance and repair operations necessary to keep plant, equipment, machinery, and tools in good operating condition; working in the many diversified capacities required in maintenance. Duties & Responsibilities
* Work involves a wide range of methods and procedures on a variety of moderately complex work and routine duties, requiring considerable care to adequately and properly dismantle, repair, lubricate, reassemble, or otherwise work on general maintenance in varied capacities at basic level of such occupations as machine repairer, electrician, pipefitter, plumber, millwright, welder, and burner, electronic technician.
* Start, observe, operate, or otherwise activate equipment to detect or verify malfunction or correction of same.
* Inspect, adjust, clean, or lubricate equipment as preventive maintenance.
* Tear down, replace, install, and assemble simple equipment, parts, components, and accessories.
* Assist higher skilled employees on more complicated work and work as part of team on heavy work of large projects.
* Adjust equipment or systems mechanisms.
* Operate fork-lifts, Bobcat, manlift, and cranes as needed or required.
* Additional Responsibilities:1. Maintain inventory stock and records.2. Submit work orders as needed.
Requires the use of judgment to plan and make decisions as to problem, sequence, and process of repair, and perform moderately complex work within the limitations of recognized or standard methods and procedure. Drives, motors, electrical controls and instrumentation, PLCS, HV experience preferred. Must be able to work shift and perform general mechanical work.
Requires a minimum of 2 years of industrial maintenance experience. Salary & Benefits
Gerdau offers excellent benefits that start the FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT!
Medical and Prescription
Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
Health Advocate Services
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Reimbursement Program Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or email:email@example.com.