Maintenance Mechanic- GER01919
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Under direct supervision from senior maintenance personnel or plant management, perform basic to moderately complex maintenance and repair operations necessary to keep plant property, equipment, machinery, and tools in good operating condition; diagnose problems and work in many varied and diversified capacities required in general maintenance, overhaul, and repair of plant equipment, processes and facilities. Report all unusual circumstances, safety and repair issues or concerns to supervisor. Reports to Maintenance Supervisor (if applicable), Shop Superintendent, Plant Manager or Branch Manager based on assigned business unit. Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work involves diversified duties, highly variable, requiring considerable care and judgment to effectively and efficiently diagnose, dismantle, repair, lubricate, reassemble, or otherwise perform general maintenance activities to include basic to moderately complex electrical repair and wiring, pipefitter, burner, welder, millwright, assembler, carpenter, plumber, and installer skills and abilities.
* Diagnose causes of malfunctions by sight, sound, or actions of plant equipment, machinery or processes.
* Understand and apply all aspects of the critical tasks and the use of PRA'S before staring any work or repair.
* Start, observe, operate, interview operator and otherwise activate equipment to diagnose, detect or verify malfunction or corrective actions taken in accordance with standard operating procedures.
* Level, align, and secure machines, equipment, and auxiliaries.
* Perform/follow through with the locations preventive/predicative maintenance programs as specified by the OE manufacturer and/or internal requirements. Train and instruct employees on preventive maintenance activities and procedures. Inspect, adjust, clean, and/or lubricate equipment as normal part of preventive maintenance program.
* Tear down, replace, repair, install, and assemble equipment, parts, components, and accessories. Develop and fabricate accessory fixtures or guards for machines and equipment. Adjust machine mechanisms such as feed, speed, power input or output. Report or refer complex repairs or questions to supervisor.
* On occasion or as directed, bend and cut conduit or wires; drill or knockout holes in walls, floors, or ceilings for electrical or plumbing connections; connect wires to motors, fixtures, and other electrical equipment; bend, cut, and thread pipe, lay and seal pipe; clear clogged drains and replace washers.
* Repair portable power tools and perform other duties and work assignments as required and directed.
* Remain current in technical changes or equipment designs by attending classes or participating in company training programs, which will require limited domestic travel and possibly travel abroad.
* Work closely with other routine facilitator group mechanics or outside contractors to perform complex repairs and electrical work.
* Maintain specified records of work performed, details of repairs, and material usage.
* Detect and report defective material, improper operation, and unusual conditions to proper supervision. Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety regulations and practices.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Use drawings, charts, tables, and various precision measuring instruments, and requires training applicable to mechanical repair occupation.
* Ability to read, write, and subtract and use shop mathematics. Know the use of a variety of maintenance and repair items.
* 0 - 2 years of work experience in a manufacturing, industrial or similar maintenance position
Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or email@example.com.