This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Maintenance Mechanic Repairs machines and performs preventative maintenance with attention to safety of self and others. Maintains facility/production equipment and performs all activities with attention to quality and assists in ensuring a productive manufacturing environment.
Essential Job Functions
* Responds to emergency requests for machine repairs
* Troubleshoots problems with electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems. Diagnoses problem, cause and solution.
* Reviews and interprets schematics, mechanical blueprints.
* Reviews and interprets manuals for all production machinery (conveyors, presses, press brakes, punches, welding, spot welders, shears). Takes appropriate action
* Determines parts requirements and availability. Retrieves parts, maintains parts/stock area and submits requests to reorder. Determines reasonable substitutions for parts that are unavailable.
* Performs routine maintenance of systems based on machine PM requirements.
* Ensure and repair that all safety systems are functioning properly on all machines.
* Maintains an accurate record of all PM activities.
* Performs basic carpentry, plumbing, painting, basic building repair and electrical.
* Assists in the security of the facility and be on call in case of emergencies.
* Conforms to Health and Safety requirements and company policy.
* Adheres to machine safety guidelines.
* Wear required safety apparel, such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, and back braces, required hearing protection.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
* Identify and report any unsafe conditions.
Knowledge and Experience
* High School diploma or GED required. Trade school completion preferred.
* Minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment, with machine shop knowledge.
* Five years experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment.
* Experience reading electrical and mechanical blueprints.
* Prior knowledge of electrical, hydraulics and pneumatics.
* Experience on CNC Punches and Brake Presses a plus
* Flexible to accept changes in work assignments as required to meet customer requirements
* Versatile and capable of troubleshooting several types of machines
* Regularity of attendance is essential
* Overtime is required periodically
* Ability to read, write, perform basic math calculations, and communicate clearly
* Ability to organize and coordinate tasks; inspect, estimate, interpret, and use judgment.
All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status..
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.